Menu

News:Fires force evacuations in Lake, Napa, Sonoma, Mendocino Counties. (Update:all fires 100 % contained)

Arcadia

:grouphug: no updates on Charles Schulz museum Facebook page for the last 6hrs.

3:38pm update

“Berlant said wind and visibility conditions have affected the ability of firefighting aircraft to fly into some areas. Large air tankers from other states have joined the effort, he said.

“We have a lot of aircraft ready to go, ready to respond as soon as an incident commander requests them,†Berlant said.

Fire investigators arrived in the North Bay and will be looking into the causes of the fires, Berlant said.

• Officials do not yet know how many people were injured or killed in the fires. But a spokeswoman for St. Joseph Health said that Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital treated about 60 people for wildfire-related injuries, including two burn patients in critical condition. Queen of the Valley Medical Center in Napa treated about 40 patients, transferring one person with significant burns to a specialty center.

• The exact number of damaged and destroyed structures was not known, but officials believe there were more than 1,500.

• The exact number of evacuees was not known, but officials believed there were about 20,000.

• How much money and how many resources — including an exact number of firefighters — being devoted to firefighting was not clear. Hundreds of firefighters from as far away as San Diego were assisting in the efforts.â€

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Wine-Country-fires-What-we-know-and-what-we-12264369.php

ETA:

“Updated Monday 4 p.m. Video footage that appeared to show William Hill Estate Winery burning was in fact capturing the burning of only the estate entrance sign and landscape around the winery. William Will Estate posted on Facebook in the afternoon that, “we have confirmed that the winery buildings are intact. William Hill sustained only minor cosmetic and landscaping damage, in addition to minimal vineyard damage.â€

The Culinary Institute of America also released a statement that staff, students and property were safe at CIA’s Greystone campus in St. Helena and the CIA at Copia in Napa. However, both locations were experiencing power outages and disruption of cell phone service, the CIA reported.

Updated Monday 3:10 p.m. The Paradise Ridge Winery in Santa Rosa, home to spectacular views and world class outdoor sculpture garden, has burned to the ground, according to posts on the winery’s Facebook page.

Updated Monday 2:10 p.m.: More wineries have burned as a result of the Wine Country fires, including Nicholson Ranch in Sonoma and Frey Vineyards, a pioneer in organic and biodynamic wines, in Mendocino County’s Redwood Valley. Other famous Wine Country businesses, including the Michelin 3-starred French Laundry restaurant, are closed due to fire related power outages. In Yountville, The Poetry Inn on the Silverado Trail in Napa’s Stag’s Leap District, owned by vintner Cliff Lede, who also owns the nearby Cliff Lede Vineyards, has been surrounded by flames. And, in Sonoma, the historic Stornetta Dairy on Highway 12 is also gone. A little bit of good news: Kunde Family Winery’s Jeff Kunde says none of the Kenwood winery buildings have caught fire.â€

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/10/09/napa-and-sonoma-wildfires-destroy-wineries-bars-and-hotels-force-wine-country-wide-evacuations/

Edited by Arcadia

We just had a bad scare - fire to the west, which was the only open direction. But they put it out quickly. We're getting scattered FB reports that Cloverdale, the town to the north, has some portions being evacuated which would be truly scary, because I don't know where we would go. Honestly, that's still the situation: I have bags packed, food packed, important papers backed, sleeping bags & stuff all in the car. But I honestly don't know where we would go. There are fires in all directions. I'm really not looking forward to nightfall, somehow it's less scary in daylight.

Feeling slightly freaked out.

Thinking of you, Rose. I just texted with my friend in Santa Rosa (the one we had lunch with) and so far her neighborhood is ok. Her daughter’s house is further north in Santa Rosa and she had to leave this afternoon, but it sounds like their place is ok now.

—

Hugs to everyone impacted.

Edited by Penguin
  • Like 3

SMART offering free service for evacuees to get to downtown San Rafael. Marin opened up a temporary overflow shelter.

“Sonoma-Marin SMART train offers free emergency service for wildfire evacuees

Sonoma-Marin Area Rail Transit is providing free, limited emergency service between downtown Santa Rosa and downtown San Rafael for the rest of today following a series of North Bay wildfires.

SMART will be running three-car trains instead of two cars for maximum capacity, and will be sounding the train horn at all crossings because of poor visibility caused by heavy smoke and other fire conditions.“

http://abc7news.com/sonoma-marin-smart-train-offers-free-emergency-service-for-wildfire-evacuees/2513302/

“A temporary overflow shelter is open at Marin Veterans' Memorial Auditorium, located at 10 Ave. of the Flags in San Rafael, according to county officials. The site will serve as an overflow shelter for fire evacuees, with capacity up to 2,000 people. Small pets are welcome. No cots or sleeping quarters are available.â€

https://patch.com/california/sanrafael/marin-opens-overflow-shelter-north-bay-fire-evacuees

• Like 2

Comcast opens up their hotspots so people can contact others through WiFi even if their cell service is down.

“Comcast opens free WiFi hotspots for fire affected areas

SANTA ROSA (KRON) — Comcast is making WiFi hotspots available for free to assist with communications during the North Bay firestorm.

Due to the fires burning in Sonoma and Napa counties, cell service has been down.

Comcast is helping those without service by removing restrictions for their WiFi.

Officials said they can use the WiFi to send messages and even make calls.

You can login to a Comcast WiFi hotspot as a guest, no password required.â€

http://kron4.com/2017/10/09/comcast-opens-free-wifi-hotspots-for-fire-affected-areas/

• Like 3

Status of the major fires as updated after 7pm tonight on CalFire website. It’s going to be a long night for all affected :(

Napa County

Tubbs Fire 27,000 acres burned

Atlas Fire 25,000 acres burned

Patrick Fire 3,000 acres burned

Sonoma County

Nuns Fire 5,000 acres burned

37 Fire 2,000 acres burned 15% contained

Pocket Fire 500 acres

Mendocino County

Redwood Complex (includes Redwood Fire and Potter Fire) 19,000 acres burned

Butte County

Cherokee Fire 7,500 acres burned 25% contained

La Porte Fire 3,500 acres - 5% contained

Honey Fire 75 acres

Yuba County

Cascade Fire 8,200 acres burned 10% contained

Nevada County

McCourtney Fire 80 acres burned 10% containment

Lobo Fire 900 acres

Calaveras County

Point Fire 130 acres burned 25% contained

Lake County

Sulphur Fire 2,500 acres burned 5% contained

Orange County

Canyon 2 Fire 4,500 acres burned 5% contained

http://www.fire.ca.gov/current_incidents/?page=1

Edited by Arcadia
  • Like 1

We just had a bad scare - fire to the west, which was the only open direction. But they put it out quickly. We're getting scattered FB reports that Cloverdale, the town to the north, has some portions being evacuated which would be truly scary, because I don't know where we would go. Honestly, that's still the situation: I have bags packed, food packed, important papers backed, sleeping bags & stuff all in the car. But I honestly don't know where we would go. There are fires in all directions. I'm really not looking forward to nightfall, somehow it's less scary in daylight.

Anyone know if Oakmont area is okay or not?

no updates on Charles Schulz museum Facebook page for the last 6hrs.

:grouphug:

I have heard from relatives that the Round Barn is gone, Hilton hotel is gone, Luther Burbank Center for the Arts mostly gone (some conflicting reports there) Coffey Park neighborhood is burnt to the ground. Fountaingrove suffered severe damage, many houses gone but not all.

I have not heard anything about the Charles Schultz Ice Arena or the adjacent Snoopy Museum.  :(

And in all of this an earthquake near San Jose - 4.4 which is not very destructive but I hope it is not part of a series of quakes preceding one bigger one.

Edited by Liz CA

Anyone know if Oakmont area is okay or not?

Which Oakmont?

“All of Oakmont area east of Melita Road†in Santa Rosa are under evacuation orders last updated at 9:06pm https://srcity.org/610/Emergency-Information

Oakmont Villa Capri Clubhouse in Sonoma County is on the list of damaged or destroyed. http://abc7news.com/list-buildings-damaged-destroyed-by-north-bay-wildfires/2513269/

ETA:

List of buildings damaged or destroyed

“Napa:

Alta Mesa & Stone Mountain Circle: Some homes burned

Glen Ellen: House on ridge burned

Silverado Highlands in Silverado Country Club Neighborhood: Hillcrest Drive at Inverness burned

Stags Leap District is an American Viticultural Area located within the Napa Valley

Canyon Drive: Some homes burned

Santa Rosa:

Applebee's at 3746 Airway Drive

Arby's at 3746 Airway Drive

URJ Camp Newman's summer campsite

Fountaingrove Golf & Athletic Club: Several hundred homes along with the golf and athletic club destroyed

Fountaingrove Inn: a luxury 124-room hotel

Hilton Sonoma Wine Country: a 250-room hotel

Kmart at 3771 Cleveland Ave

Luther Burbank Center for Arts

McDonald's at 3746 Airway Drive

Sweet T's Southern Restaurant & Bar at 2097 Stagecoach Rd #100

Sonoma:

Stornetta Dairy Farm

Oakmont Villa Capri Clubhouse: a luxury senior living facilityâ€

http://abc7news.com/list-buildings-damaged-destroyed-by-north-bay-wildfires/2513269/

Edited by Arcadia

Which Oakmont?

“All of Oakmont area east of Melita Road†in Santa Rosa are under evacuation orders last updated at 9:06pm https://srcity.org/610/Emergency-Information

Oakmont Villa Capri Clubhouse in Sonoma County is on the list of damaged or destroyed. http://abc7news.com/list-buildings-damaged-destroyed-by-north-bay-wildfires/2513269/

Yes, this sounds like the Oakmont Retirement community where MIL lives. She was evacuated early this morning. If their clubhouse is gone, it does not look very good for the community overall.

Ack, I just heard Stornetta Dairy burnt to the ground on Hwy 12. I was at work and just caught up on some reports. We passed by there so many times. It was such a historic building.

Edited by Liz CA

Huge hugs to you. Hope everything is ok.

Not to stress you out because I'm sure you won't need it but do you have a last resort plan? Where we are there are places deemed last resort refuges that are local places that are most defendable? If there's no safe route out it would be good to know where else you have.

• Like 2

Just reading about all of this now.  Adding my prayers,  :grouphug: , and best wishes to all involved.

It irritates me considerably that these were arson set - assuming the poster who wrote that was correct, of course, but no reason to doubt it.  I sure hope they catch who did it if true.

Yes, this sounds like the Oakmont Retirement community where MIL lives. She was evacuated early this morning. If their clubhouse is gone, it does not look very good for the community overall.

Ack, I just heard Stornetta Dairy burnt to the ground on Hwy 12. I was at work and just caught up on some reports. We passed by there so many times. It was such a historic building.

The latest that I can find is that most of Oakmont is okay (other than the clubhouse).

There is a new fire in the area: http://www.pressdemocrat.com/news/7510431-181/new-fire-moving-from-annadel and it sounds like Annadel is burning (no surprise).

My folks have many friends who live in Oakmont; I'll update here with any news I find out.

• Like 1

We made it through the night and are fine this morning. Trying to get a handle on where the fire is active. It seems to be burning in regional parks & open space to the east. There have been a few more areas evacuated overnight but so far not anything right nearby. Just wanted to check in and let you guys know we're ok. We're lucky to still have internet & power, most people don't. We switched recently to a local provider with all underground cables, I think that has made the difference. It makes it a lot easier to be able to obsessively scroll through screens of information.

ETA: Ok, there are some good GIS maps was able to find. Looks like a solid swath of fire & destruction to the southeast, that's the one that took out north Santa Rosa and is still active. There is a smaller fire to the northeast up in a rural area, but it's one to watch if the wind picks up or shifts - it's at the top of the ridge and if it swept down into our valley that would be bad, to say the least. That's the one that sparked the fire at our old place that I was talking about yesterday - Our ex neighbors posted pics of a house 4 down from theirs burning, but that one seems to be out.  Lots more burning to the south and east - Sonoma Valley, the southern Napa valley.  

Edited by Chrysalis Academy
  • Like 18

Woke up this morning to discover the McCourtney & Lobos fires are threatening my FIL & BIL's homes.  FIL will not leave under any circumstances.  25+ years ago he & MIL built their dream home on Lassen.  I was married there.  Several years later the house burned to the ground from wildfires.  FIL says he can't go through starting over again & he will not leave.  His wife (not my MIL, BTW) might have to slip him a mickey & get him out of the house.

Amber in SJ

Woke up this morning to discover the McCourtney & Lobos fires are threatening my FIL & BIL's homes.  FIL will not leave under any circumstances.  25+ years ago he & MIL built their dream home on Lassen.  I was married there.  Several years later the house burned to the ground from wildfires.  FIL says he can't go through starting over again & he will not leave.  His wife (not my MIL, BTW) might have to slip him a mickey & get him out of the house.

Amber in SJ

Oh, no, how frightening!

Prayers for everyone today....

Creekland, I heard it on the news that firefighters suspect arson because five fires erupted in areas very close together in time and with nothing particular happening to cause a fire. As to more fires, other arsonists often decide to join in on the fires.  Unfortunately, CA firefighters have a lot of experience with arson fires.  

• Like 1

The water tankers are flying over our house, from northern reservoirs south and east. It's good to see them in the air, the visibility was so bad yesterday that they weren't able to fly for long. It's still awful - gray and smokey, and the sun is red, but they are in the air. That's so important. I'm hearing some sirens here in town which is a little disconcerting, but haven't gotten any other updates.

It's weird today, news on FB is pretty stale as so many people have lost internet, phone, cable & cell service. But the actual news reports are a bit better. 

Creekland, I heard it on the news that firefighters suspect arson because five fires erupted in areas very close together in time and with nothing particular happening to cause a fire. As to more fires, other arsonists often decide to join in on the fires.  Unfortunately, CA firefighters have a lot of experience with arson fires.  

There were other eye witness reports that the insanely strong winds knocked over big live power poles and fires erupted immediately in the tinder-like dry underbrush and grasses.  

• Like 2

Yeah, I think the jury is still out as to how different components of the fires started - there are more than 16 of them currently active in the area up here in No Cal. Conditions were ripe for almost anything to set off a blaze. I do know for sure that an arsonist started a fire just outside Windsor yesterday - that's the town dh works for, he was there at the EOC at the time. That's when he called and said start putting stuff in the car. But luckily they were able to put it out right away and I *think* they apprehended the arsonist, though I can't find any news reports about that this morning. 

• Like 2

Woke up this morning to discover the McCourtney & Lobos fires are threatening my FIL & BIL's homes. FIL will not leave under any circumstances.

:grouphug: that is nerve wracking.

Airbnb acitviated their Open Homes program (https://www.airbnb.com/welcome/evacuees/northerncaliforniafireevacuees ). Doctors lost their homes and a non-profit school for highly-functioning autistic students in Santa Rosa lost their classrooms in Luther Burbank Center of the Arts.

“Airbnb launched its Open Homes program Monday afternoon to help facilitate housing for those fleeing the fire-ravaged Napa, Sonoma, and Santa Rosa areas. The company is also seeking those in nearby areas willing to offer space in their homes for displaced evacuees.

"Through our program, people in need of temporary accommodations — including survivors displaced, emergency relief workers and volunteers — are able to connect with Airbnb hosts in San Francisco and parts of Marin and Alameda Counties who are opening their homes free of charge from now through October 30," says Kellie Bentz, Airbnb's head of global disaster response and relief in a press release.†http://www.sfgate.com/technology/article/Airbnb-opens-program-to-coordinate-emergency-12264485.php

“But for the Tito family, the hospital has become their temporary refuge. After evacuating Fountaingrove about 3 a.m., the family took shelter in Elizabeth Tito’s office, where their youngest child, 11, and pets remained Monday afternoon.

“We keep running into people out here who say they lost everything, that all they have left is in a backpack or a bag,†Elizabeth Tito said. “People who forgot their medication and inhalers on their way out. It’s surreal.â€

Chad Krilich, the chief medical officer at Santa Rosa Memorial, said many doctors who reported for duty Monday had lost their homes just hours before.

The hospital was providing on-site accommodations for staff and volunteers who needed a place to sleep.

Krilich was one such doctor, who assumed his home was gone. He said he grabbed two photos — a picture of his wedding day and one of his children — five pairs of underwear and Hip Hop, the family’s aquatic turtle, before fleeing his Santa Rosa home about 2 a.m. and heading into work.â€

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Wine-Country-doctors-save-lives-lose-homes-12265254.php

“The Santa Rosa campus of Anova Center for Education, with classrooms located in the Luther Burbank Center of the Arts, was completed destroyed when a fast-moving fire ripped down the Fountaingrove area and engulfed the school, said Andrew Bailey, CEO and founder of Anova.

The blaze will leave 120 students ranging from 5 to 22 years old without a school to attend as officials work with districts who may not have the same resources to provide for the school’s curriculum. The only other school in the the area, the for-profit Lattice Educational Services, houses about 30-40 autistic children who are not necessarily college-bound, he said.â€

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Santa-Rosa-school-for-autistic-students-burned-to-12265238.php

• Like 1

Yes, one of my good friends is a teacher at Anova. That is a devastating loss, that school was truly unique.  It's located in the Luther Burbank Center, the same place our theater is (Left Edge Theater). That end of the building is a total loss, still waiting to hear about other parts of the building. Dd11 was in a show that was supposed to open there this weekend. Of course that's all off for now, though they are going to try to put on the show here in Healdsburg to raise money for fire relief.

• Like 1

We are in Vallejo. It is unlikely that the fire will spread this far, Dh is working from home today just in case the winds change again and we need to evacuate.

The air quality is horrible here. There is smoke everywhere. I'm concerned for my neighbor who is a winemaker in Napa.

• Like 1

Napa County update.

Napa County burn map, Oct. 10, 2017 link https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/napavalleyregister.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/0/8d/08da74d2-e4b0-5980-a804-8a70bf9d5de7/59dcfaf03c38f.pdf.pdf

“Napa County officials this morning released a map of burned-over areas throughout the county. They advise that the fires remain uncontained and warned that all previous evacuations and road closures remain in effect and additional evacuations are possible as the fires move.

At the same time, Cal Fire released its first official incident report for the fires around Napa, which they have combined into a single incident for reporting purposes. As of Tuesday morning, the fires had consumed about 31,000 acres all together, 25,000 of which were in the Atlas Peak fire. About 125 structures had been destroyed but up to 5,000 were under threat.

None of the three fires had been contained at all, Cal Fire said. More than 450 firefighters were working the fires, with 50 engines, six water tenders, seven helicopters and eight fixed-wing tankers.“

http://napavalleyregister.com/news/local/napa-county-releases-map-of-fire-areas/article_c24d574c-a0c2-538f-a0d1-7cd4b01b2329.html

ETA:

Death toll is now 13

http://m.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Latest-on-North-Bay-fires-A-really-rough-12263721.php

Edited by Arcadia
  • Like 1

MIL and husband are waiting to hear if their home survived. The Annadel fire reached over into Oakmont and SIL said the fire is on their street.

It's just "stuff" but can you imagine losing everything except the clothes on your back and what is in your suitcase?

Yes, one of my good friends is a teacher at Anova. That is a devastating loss, that school was truly unique. It's located in the Luther Burbank Center, the same place our theater is (Left Edge Theater). That end of the building is a total loss, still waiting to hear about other parts of the building. Dd11 was in a show that was supposed to open there this weekend. Of course that's all off for now, though they are going to try to put on the show here in Healdsburg to raise money for fire relief.

Cardinal Newman is also gone. It's going to be a long recovery. Where will these kids go?

We had a grassfire in Marin today. It got knocked out pretty quickly, but we have a lot of open space around here. It makes me nervous.

Is that the suspicious San Rafael fire?

“San Rafael fire officials initially wrote on Twitter at 8:37 a.m. about the 1-acre fire off of Professional Center Parkway.

As of 9:05 a.m., the fire had been fully contained. Fire officials are asking residents to call 911 if they have any information about the male seen running from the scene.â€

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2017/10/10/san-rafael-brush-fire-professional-center-parkway/

Is that the suspicious San Rafael fire?

“San Rafael fire officials initially wrote on Twitter at 8:37 a.m. about the 1-acre fire off of Professional Center Parkway.

As of 9:05 a.m., the fire had been fully contained. Fire officials are asking residents to call 911 if they have any information about the male seen running from the scene.â€

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2017/10/10/san-rafael-brush-fire-professional-center-parkway/

Yep. You are definitely an information gathering ninja!

• Like 2

We made it through the night and are fine this morning. Trying to get a handle on where the fire is active. It seems to be burning in regional parks & open space to the east. There have been a few more areas evacuated overnight but so far not anything right nearby. Just wanted to check in and let you guys know we're ok. We're lucky to still have internet & power, most people don't. We switched recently to a local provider with all underground cables, I think that has made the difference. It makes it a lot easier to be able to obsessively scroll through screens of information.

ETA: Ok, there are some good GIS maps was able to find. Looks like a solid swath of fire & destruction to the southeast, that's the one that took out north Santa Rosa and is still active. There is a smaller fire to the northeast up in a rural area, but it's one to watch if the wind picks up or shifts - it's at the top of the ridge and if it swept down into our valley that would be bad, to say the least. That's the one that sparked the fire at our old place that I was talking about yesterday - Our ex neighbors posted pics of a house 4 down from theirs burning, but that one seems to be out. Lots more burning to the south and east - Sonoma Valley, the southern Napa valley.

Glad to hear you are ok so far :grouphug:

I have heard from relatives that the Round Barn is gone, Hilton hotel is gone, Luther Burbank Center for the Arts mostly gone (some conflicting reports there) Coffey Park neighborhood is burnt to the ground. Fountaingrove suffered severe damage, many houses gone but not all.

I have not heard anything about the Charles Schultz Ice Arena or the adjacent Snoopy Museum.  :(

And in all of this an earthquake near San Jose - 4.4 which is not very destructive but I hope it is not part of a series of quakes preceding one bigger one.

:sad: I have a long distance friend who lives just north of Coffey Park. We haven't heard from her for days. I'm thinking her home may be gone.

MIL and husband are waiting to hear if their home survived. The Annadel fire reached over into Oakmont and SIL said the fire is on their street.

It's just "stuff" but can you imagine losing everything except the clothes on your back and what is in your suitcase?

:(

My dad reports he sees an awful amount of smoke in that direction. Must be surreal.

• Like 1

:sad: I have a long distance friend who lives just north of Coffey Park. We haven't heard from her for days. I'm thinking her home may be gone.

Cell phone service is spotty, and there are power outages. Comcast has open up their internet services for evacuees to call or send messages through WiFi but that is hard for someone without a smartphone or tablet. To be honest, I won’t even remember to grab my cell phone charger if I have to ever evacuate under this kind of extreme time pressure.

Your friend’s home is likely burned down :(

“The neighborhood of Coffey Park — a cluster of single-family homes two miles outside the downtown area — has largely turned to smoke and ash. These before-and-after images show the scale of the devastation.â€

http://www.businessinsider.com/santa-rosa-fire-coffey-park-neighborhood-2017-10

ETA:

“cell phone service is out in many areas of Napa and Sonoma after 77 cell sites were damaged or put out of commission;

telephone utility companies are bringing in “cellular-on-wheels capabilities†to augment communications in the disaster area, said Mark Ghilarducci, Director, CA Governor’s Office of Emergency Servicesâ€

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/10/10/tuesday-update-wine-country-wildfires-continue-to-rage-thousands-of-homes-threatened/

Edited by Arcadia

According my sources in the area, at least some of White Oak and Oakmont has burned. Also Lawndale, Schultz Canyon, over Bennet Ridge and down to Bennet Valley road. Yikes.

• Like 1

:sad: I have a long distance friend who lives just north of Coffey Park. We haven't heard from her for days. I'm thinking her home may be gone.

I am sorry. The news from Coffey Park is not good. A whole neighborhood has burnt to the ground and some cell phones are still not working. Your friend may not be able to communicate. Evidently, some carriers have reestablished lines but as of yesterday evening MIL's cell was not working.

Your friends were likely evacuated and are hopefully safe in a hotel or shelter.

Oakmont is now on mandatory evacuation. It’s not just stuff and I do understand. My kids would have wanted all their favorite soft toys with them if we ever have to evacuate due to an earthquake.

“The latest neighborhood affected by the fires in Santa Rosa is the Oakmont area, where Santa Rosa police have ordered all residents to evacuate immediately.â€

http://abc7news.com/death-toll-rises-to-15-in-massive-north-bay-wildfires/2515177/

“The Nuns Fire is rapidly approaching the Oakmont area. According to Santa Rosa Police, Oakmont is under mandatory evacuation and all residents must leave the area "now." That update was sent out just after 2 p.mâ€

http://www.ktvu.com/news/wine-country-wildfires-among-the-deadliest-in-california-history

Death toll rises to 15. I am near tears but trying to hold it together and have been praying and praying for CA.

It’s going to be worse :( The police officers are going to start excavating for bodies tonight.

“2:51 p.m. More than 180 people missing in Sonoma County: Fifty-seven out of 240 people reported missing in Sonoma County have been found, said Sonoma County Sheriff Rob Giordano. Downed cell phone towers and more than 25 evacuation centers contributed to difficulties in finding loved ones, he said. Many people have been reported missing from nursing homes. A team of police officers will begin the mission to excavate bodies possibly buried in the charred rubble Tuesday evening, Giordano said.â€

Schools will remain closed and some first responders have lost their homes

“3:30 p.m. School closures in Napa, Sonoma counties: All schools in the Napa Valley Unified School District will be closed Wednesday and Thursday, according to city officials. All schools in Sonoma Valley Unified School District will be closed for the rest of the week, district officials said. Classes at Sonoma State University have been suspended for Wednesday, while Santa Rosa Junior College will be closed through Sunday.

3:52 p.m. First responders in Napa, Sonoma counties lose homes in wildfires: Mill Valley Fire Chief Tom Welch lost his home while working the wildfires, city officials said. In Sonoma County, at least 20 sheriff’s office employees lost their homes as well, authorities said.â€

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Latest-on-North-Bay-fires-A-really-rough-12263721.php

Does anyone know about the Stonebriar neighborhood off Fulton Rd, just south of Piner High School in Santa Rosa? I have another friend there and so far no news is good news about her neighborhood.

SIL mentioned that Guerneville Road, Piner Road and parts off of Fulton were evacuated.