Menu

Anyone used LeTourneau for DE online? Any reviews?

I'm looking into LeTourneau for some DE online classes - comp, history, etc for my junior. We need asynchronous, and self paced with some structure (deadlines) ideally. LeTourneau is accepted for transfer credit at a school my student may end up at, and they're reasonably priced. Please, I'd love any reviews or "been there, done that" stories. Thank you so much!!!

• 2 weeks later...

My son is taking precalc through them right now. He says it is exactly what you're looking for, assuming the humanities classes are structured similarly. You watch 8-10 short pre-recorded videos a week. The videos are whiteboard lectures, and he feels the teaching is good quality. There are two practice assignments every week and only one that is turned in. There is also a weekly devotional assigned to read and respond to. He says he spends 4-5 hours per week on this class. It is a one-semester class which he likes. There is a separate live teacher who answers questions and grades tests. He has always responded within a day. Tests are every 3-4 weeks. They use the Canvas web portal.

From a parent's perspective, we had a TERRIBLE time getting information from them beforehand when we were trying to get signed up and prepared for the class. Many emails went unanswered, and the few responses we did get often did not give the answer to the questions we were asking. I don't know if they were getting their system figured out or what. Hope that is better now. 

Overall, I think LETU DE online classes are an excellent value. There were half the price of a regular online high school class through Wilson Hill, which we considered. Plus they are DE and you get that tuition discount if you end up attending there.

• Like 5

My son is taking precalc through them right now. He says it is exactly what you're looking for, assuming the humanities classes are structured similarly. You watch 8-10 short pre-recorded videos a week. The videos are whiteboard lectures, and he feels the teaching is good quality. There are two practice assignments every week and only one that is turned in. There is also a weekly devotional assigned to read and respond to. He says he spends 4-5 hours per week on this class. It is a one-semester class which he likes. There is a separate live teacher who answers questions and grades tests. He has always responded within a day. Tests are every 3-4 weeks. They use the Canvas web portal.

From a parent's perspective, we had a TERRIBLE time getting information from them beforehand when we were trying to get signed up and prepared for the class. Many emails went unanswered, and the few responses we did get often did not give the answer to the questions we were asking. I don't know if they were getting their system figured out or what. Hope that is better now. 

Overall, I think LETU DE online classes are an excellent value. There were half the price of a regular online high school class through Wilson Hill, which we considered. Plus they are DE and you get that tuition discount if you end up attending there.

Please keep the Hive posted after the end of your class for an overall perspective.

Thank you!! We're currently in the abyss of sending stuff in without reply, so I'll get following up. Thank you!!!

• Like 1

Thank you!! We're currently in the abyss of sending stuff in without reply, so I'll get following up. Thank you!!!

OK, as a quick follow up...LOL...the abyss was my student's email. She mentioned this morning, "Oh, I forgot to tell you, I got an email from LET...". Duh. We did the application last week-ish, sent in the transcript, and she had the acceptance within a week. So far so good. Super responsive (she has done DE with a local university, so I'd say they have both been great do far). Thanks for all the help and we'll keep y'all posted. 

• Like 2