Menu

Love Writeshop but also it makes me crazy

So we recently switched to Writeshop and it definitely seems to be a good fit for my son.  I expect we will stick with it for the rest of the year.  However, can I just say that the way that we have to flip back and forth all over the place seriously makes me crazy?!  It seems like the teacher guide and student workbook are both poorly organized and require constant flipping pages all over the place.  It takes work to know exactly where we both are and it's hard to figure out what page the needed information is on since it has you go to the appendix or glossary or this section or that section several times per lesson.  But it's such a good fit for my son that I'm willing to stay with it.  I wonder, out of curiosity and if needed for the next child, if there is another program like it that teaches writing in a similar way but is better organized.  I don't think I'm willing to order a new student workbook for the next child to do it again if there is something else like it but better organized.