What's with the ads?

Photo

Do you ever feel like you hemorrhage money wrt learning aids?

9 replies to this topic

What's with the ads?

#1 Kinsa

Kinsa

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9607 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 04:35 PM

I just spent *another* $50 or so on learning aids for my son.  This time a slant desk and a reading guide.

He needs them.  I know he needs them. 

But geez, every day when we do his schoolwork I have to drag out *SO MUCH STUFF* just to get the basics done.  There's just so much STUFF!  And now I'm adding even more. 

Just agree with me.  I'm not up for debate.

Edited by Kinsa, 05 October 2017 - 04:36 PM.

• 8FillTheHeart, samba, OhElizabeth and 4 others like this

#2 Heathermomster

Heathermomster

Isilwen Meneldur of the Woodland Realm

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4516 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 04:37 PM

Yes!!!

I was just looking at Ghotit software, and it's $200......And we need to pay for another NP test.

• Kinsa likes this

#3 Mrs. Tharp

Mrs. Tharp

Chronic Lurker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 05:11 PM

Why, yes. And on meds, counseling, camps, you name it. It just keeps on going. Sigh.

• samba and Kinsa like this

#4 OhElizabeth

OhElizabeth

Beekeeping Professor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30337 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:00 PM

No, I never spend a dime on $$ stuff for ds.  I find it all on pinterest and make it myself, including homemade slant boards, OT regimens, speech therapy materials, reading books that I custom write just for him to be decodable, high interest comprehension passages, and even social stories. I do it all with my 18k pinterest links. And I have a perfect house, like Martha Stewart, with three Christmas trees. And it's never dirty because I own two roombas, not just one.

Not.

:lol: 

Yeah seriously, I'm in sell mode, trying to sell off some of this expensive stuff I'm done with. Dd was $$, but ds is $$$$$$$$$. And it seems like EVERYTHING has to be in increments of $100 sigh. Nothing less than $100. Want them to talk to your kid for an hour? $100. Want to know his reading level? $100. Everything, all the time. Now the practitioners are upping their game and going to $125. It's insane.

• samba, Kinsa, hornblower and 5 others like this

#5 ElizabethB

ElizabethB

Apprentice Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10187 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 01:13 AM

No, I never spend a dime on $$ stuff for ds. I find it all on pinterest and make it myself, including homemade slant boards, OT regimens, speech therapy materials, reading books that I custom write just for him to be decodable, high interest comprehension passages, and even social stories. I do it all with my 18k pinterest links. And I have a perfect house, like Martha Stewart, with three Christmas trees. And it's never dirty because I own two roombas, not just one.

Not.

:lol:

Yeah seriously, I'm in sell mode, trying to sell off some of this expensive stuff I'm done with. Dd was $$, but ds is $$$$$$$$$. And it seems like EVERYTHING has to be in increments of $100 sigh. Nothing less than $100. Want them to talk to your kid for an hour? $100. Want to know his reading level? $100. Everything, all the time. Now the practitioners are upping their game and going to $125. It's insane.

LOL, I had a friend who homeschooled her million children, made her food and bread from scratch, sewed their clothes, the older daughters helped sew and did all the dishes, etc. If she hadn’t been so nice we would have all hated her. She didn’t make you feel like you were evil for not sewing your own clothes and baking your own bread and having your children as well organized and compliant as hers.
  • samba, OhElizabeth and Kinsa like this

#6 geodob

geodob

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1334 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 09:35 AM

$isability,

Edited by geodob, 06 October 2017 - 09:35 AM.

• Kinsa likes this

#7 MerryAtHope

MerryAtHope

Amateur Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7598 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 02:27 PM

Absolutely! (If only I made better use of Pinterest!)

• Kinsa likes this

#8 OneStepAtATime

OneStepAtATime

Beekeeping Professor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32321 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 09:04 PM

LOL.  Short answer?  Yes.

• Kinsa likes this

#9 OneStepAtATime

OneStepAtATime

Beekeeping Professor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32321 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 09:05 PM

But I'd do it again in a heartbeat to provide things that will actually help...

#10 OneStepAtATime

OneStepAtATime

Beekeeping Professor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32321 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 09:06 PM

Hugs all around.  And hopes that somehow this will all get a lot cheaper somehow.  :)