Has anyone participated in this before? I found out about it a few months ago and just got this email about this year's challenge.
Thank you for showing interest in the Bebras Challenge last year.What is the Bebras Challenge?
We are busy preparing the 2017 edition for the week of November 6-17, and we hope that you will participate again!
Remember, you don't have to be a computer teacher to participate.
Let me give you a quick reminder of what we're all about, and how you can sign up your students to participate.Try Bebras Challenge Who can participate?
- 45-minute interactive, online computational thinking challenge
- 1.6 million students from 60 countries participated in 2016
- Our goal is to show the students that computational thinking is a skill they use every day without even knowing it
- Tasks are created by informatics enthusiasts from around the worldWhy should I have my students participate?
- Students 3rd grade up to 12th grade: the questions get more difficult for the older students.
- No prior knowledge is required.
- We aim for a wide range of aptitude levels, not just the high achievers.What do I need to participate?
- Introduce them to computational thinking and informatics
- Discover hidden talents: computational thinking isn't just for geeks!
- It's fun! The interactive puzzles feel like a game, while presenting important concepts.
- No lesson planning.
- It's free!
- Every participant receives a personalized certificate of participation. High performers are identified with specialized certificates.Sounds good! How do I sign my students up?
- Computer, laptop, or tablet for each student. (Smart phones also work, but the small screen size can be prohibitive.)
- One hour of time. Do note that it is not required that all students take the challenge simultaneously. The classes can be split to take the challenge on different days, allowing you more focused time with the group not taking the challenge.
- Internet accessRegister now Your students can participate on any day from November 6 – 17at http://challenge.bebraschallenge.org/. Hope to see you there!
- The coordinator account you set up last year is still available to use to set up student accounts. You do not need to know or enter your students' name at this stage. The students can enter that themselves when they take the challenge, so the set up process only takes you a few minutes.
- Log on by going to http://challenge.beb...lenge.org/admin.
- If you have forgotten your user name or password, feel free to send me an email. We are here to help!
- Feel free to forward this email to co-workers who may be interested in registering their classes. If they haven't participated in the past, they can set up a new account on the same website.If you have any questions at all, send me an e-mail at [email protected].
Bebras Challenge USA team
I think DD#1 will take part this year.