Menu

Flylady building control journal #1, Monday October 2...

3 ladybugs

Good morning Flyminds! 

Welcome to the Flylady support thread. To find out what Flylady is: http://www.flylady.net/ You can also find people on YouTube if you search for it.

Please join in on the fun!

We have completed the baby steps found here: http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/659360-flylady-baby-step-31-sunday-october-1/

Welcome to the Build a Control Journal series!

There are 15 steps to build a Control Journal. You may find that you need all 15 steps, you may find that you only need a few, you may find that you need something that is not listed here. The choice is yours and no one is going to grade you on this. So have fun and let’s get to it!

The first step is to:

Get your supplies. http://www.flylady.net/d/getting-started/flying-lessons/control-journal/step-1/

Now for the past few days I have told you what the supplies are. So hopefully you have them. If not now is the time to pull out your supplies so you can access them for the next 15 days and beyond.

Here is the supply list again to help you:

• A notebook/binder

• White or colored paper (you choose)

• Blank dividers

• “ABC†dividers for addresses and phone numbers

• Monthly dividers for seasonal reminders, such as birthdays and when to change the furnace filter

• Sheet protectors (not the matte finish unless you already have some; they are hard to erase)

• Dry erase markers in your favorite color

• Some kind of calendar for your schedule

• A small note pad for making lists or post-it notes

• A zippered pouch (for stamps, paper clips, pens, and other small items)

Now I don't have all of these. I have a home journal and a everyday, out of the house journal. I found that combining them was too much so separating them has helped me a bit.

I have a binder, dividers, a steno pad that is 8.5 by 11, and sheet protectors. That is it. I guess I also have pens and alcohol swabs but I don't really count those as I need them for my other journal too.

Now you may be wondering why I include alcohol swabs. I do this so that I can use permanent marker to mark things off in my journal. I have found that dry erase, wet erase and so on to be easily smugged. Permanent marker is anything but smugable. To clean it off of a shiny surface (like a sheet protector) you just need to use rubbing alcohol. It does wonders!

• Like 2