Menu

Resumes for college apps

OnMyOwn

We helped ds create a resume junior year. This gave us an opportunity to put things into some order, phrase them effectively and remember activities from a couple years earlier.

He used this to fill out applications since he then had everything right in front of him, including dates. He didn't upload the resume since he covered most things in the activities sections.

Occasionally a school specifically asked for a resume. In that case he included it. He also brought a copy to interviews.

• Like 3

We helped ds create a resume junior year. This gave us an opportunity to put things into some order, phrase them effectively and remember activities from a couple years earlier.

He used this to fill out applications since he then had everything right in front of him, including dates. He didn't upload the resume since he covered most things in the activities sections.

Occasionally a school specifically asked for a resume. In that case he included it. He also brought a copy to interviews.

Thank you.  This is what I was wondering.  It probably wouldn't be that much extra work to actually create a resume if we already have to compile all that information for the student activities section (not that I'm looking to create another document!), but it seemed like it would be redundant.

Thank you. This is what I was wondering. It probably wouldn't be that much extra work to actually create a resume if we already have to compile all that information for the student activities section (not that I'm looking to create another document!), but it seemed like it would be redundant.

Where I feel like it helped was in making the actual application go faster. He already had dates calculated and activities ranked by importance.

Also he ended up using the Common App, UC app, UWashington app, USNA app, three different academy nomination platforms.

• Like 1