Menu

Prodromal Labor

Stibalfamily

HELP ME PLEASE! I have been having prodromal labor for 10 hours on average every night for the past 4 nights. This is my third baby and I know what a contraction feels like, these are not braxton hicks. I cannot sleep through the contractions, they are very painful. They just fizzle out and stop. I read this can go on for weeks. Has anyone had these? I am 37 weeks and 4 days. I have tried changing position, drinking lots of water and showering but nothing helps. I am so tired and I can not function. Any advice or experiences you want to share?

Edited by Stibalfamily

That happened with with my second baby.  It went on all night and stopped as soon as I got up in the morning.  I was fried.  I finally begged them to break my water.  The midwife told me how much that would increase my chances of interventions etc.  I insisted.  They broke my water at 4:00 pm and my daughter was born at 4:45 pm (the same day)

Edited by Tania
  • Like 1

How is baby's position? Prodromal labor could be your body trying to get baby in a more optimal position.

I have had two out of two posterior births. My OB said its probably anatomical. So that may have something to do with it. I am seeing a Webster trained chiropractor and watching the way I sit and move. But with my second, I tried spinning babies and the chiropractor to no avail. Thats the way they come out of me. 

Edited by Stibalfamily