Menu

quite the monday

ktgrok

Went to the dog park where I was on edge because there were smash and grabs in the parking lot last week. found out one of the people there that seemed like a nice guy is actually a freaking racist. Saw a dozen cop cars go flying by, with lights and sirens. Park ranger stopped in and informed us there was a man hunt going on...in the area of my house! (well, within a few miles). So I immediately left and hurried home where we locked ourselves in and listened to helicopters circling for a while. Found out they caught the guy,a nd that he'd been armed with an assault rifle - he'd carjacked someone and then when the car was disabled by police he ran into a local home and stole a change of clothes and a cell phone then went into the woods where police dogs found him. It was less than 2 miles from my house by road, shorter if cutting through yards!

Then got hit by cramps and got my second postpartum period with no warning. Want to eat ALL THE FOOD but can't because trying to keep losing weight. Oh, and baby is teething and doesn't want to nap. 

Hubby won't be home until the kids are in bed. But he did ask me, after I told him what happened, if I'd start remembering to lock the front door during the day. 

I'm just done. 

Edited to add: Oh, and the dog got into a minor dog fight while at the park. Woman was nice about it and immediately leashed her dog and took it out. No harm done, just trash talk, but still. 

Edited by ktgrok

Wow! How about a small amount of really good chocolate and wine? Of course, I say that as someone who ate an embarrassing portion of a Costco bag of tortilla chips thanks to PMS.

I will admit to a spoonful of mini chocolate chips. The good, dark chocolate kind :)

• Like 3