Menu

What's for dinner tonight?

Elizabeth86

Meat-za

aka meatloaf pizza

I make a meatloaf mixture (adding in eggs, Italian seasoning, finely chopped broccoli, and parmesan cheese, but leaving out bread crumbs because we are low-carb and gluten free).

I spread the meatloaf thin on a cookie sheet and bake it until it is cooked through (which is pretty fast since it is thin).

Then I top it like pizza with (low-carb) sauce, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni and sauteed peppers and mushrooms.

I pop it in the oven for a couple more minutes to melt the cheese and it is ready to serve.

• Like 5

Meat-za

aka meatloaf pizza

I make a meatloaf mixture (adding in eggs, Italian seasoning, finely chopped broccoli, and parmesan cheese, but leaving out bread crumbs because we are low-carb and gluten free).

I spread the meatloaf thin on a cookie sheet and bake it until it is cooked through (which is pretty fast since it is thin).

Then I top it like pizza with (low-carb) sauce, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni and sauteed peppers and mushrooms.

I pop it in the oven for a couple more minutes to melt the cheese and it is ready to serve.

This is the strangest sounding food idea, but it sounds pretty good!

I'm going to "bomb" (aka Instant Pot, we just call it that because my kids are convinced I'm going to explode it) a couple of pork roasts with some mexican seasonings.  I;ll shred the meat and either make tacos or quesadillas or maybe serve them over potatoes.  It just depends how much energy I have left at supper time and what I feel like making to go with the meat.

The kids get a mix of cheese and/or fish, frozen veg and/or frozen berries and a carb (rice/pasta/toast) most nights, because it covers the bases and I am over food battles. Partner likes meat & veg (last night, chicken schnitzel, potato salad & green salad). I am trying to eat legumes each day so last night was black beans & rice.