Menu

share what you think is the most amazing under eye concealer

SparklyUnicorn

When my eyes have darker circles than usual, I like Maybelline's Dream Lumi Highlighting Concealer:  https://www.maybelline.com/face-makeup/concealer/dream-lumi-touch-highlighting-concealer  It has little sparkles in it that aren't noticeable but really lighten up the area well. The applicator is kind of goofy with the brush end, but I like it a lot.

Otherwise, I use Revlon's Youth FX Fill & Blur Concealer:  http://www.revlon.com/products/face/concealer/revlon-youthfx-fill-and-blur-concealer#309979229017||0 (Trick with this one--don't give up on priming the button to get the product to go down to the sponge applicator.  It gets there eventually but at first I thought it was defective!  LOL)

• Like 1

My oldest just took a Sephora class on concealing, contouring, and highlighting yesterday. I ended up sitting in on it because the mall was not open yet. Anyways, they were demonstrating the various brands and I was actually very impressed with Rhianna's "Fenty" line.

They have this trio of a concealer, contour, and bronzer that I was very tempted to purchase for myself. I didn't because I really don't wear makeup  enough to justify the purchase and I was getting my DD some stuff as an early birthday present.

• Like 1

I honestly find they all crease or are so powdery they emphasize fine lines, but my favorite currently is Urban Decay's Naked Concealer in Vanilla. A tiny bit of powder sets it without looking heavy, thankfully.

I would check this article out before using hemmoroidal cream on the eye area: http://www.eyecarecream.com/hemorrhoid-cream-for-eyes/

~melissa

I didn't read this one, but came across a similar article.  Another thing the other article mentioned is that formulas for hemorrhoid cream have changed and don't contain the same anti swelling stuff they used to such as hydrocortizone.  Soooo that lead me to think maybe I should try some hydrocortizone.  So I did.  Verdict is still out.  LOL

I bought this under eye stuff from Olay.  It was WAY WAY WAY more money than I ever spend on anything like that.  Ouch.  I am disappointed.  Not only does it not conceal, it HIGHLIGHTS the dark puffy areas with what looks like glitter.  Uhhh...

Mine are better if I use a good moisturizer (not necessarily an eye cream) and Tarte Shape Tape. If you have trouble picking the shade, take someone with you or ask for help at the store. DD and I love Ulta, and she has a better eye for that than I do. If she's not along, I always ask for help with my new purchases.

However, the reality it that I have creases in addition to the darkness. No matter how much I do, that would only change if the dermatologist got involved with an expensive procedure or two. Not likely.

So I accept that I can only partially hide them.

• Like 1

So I'm the only one thinking the cheap tube does the job? I'm pretty fair and my circles aren't that dark to begin with. I just by the palest cheap lipstick-shaped concealer and I'm good.

I pride myself on getting enough sleep, but ten hours is IMPRESSIVE. I bow to you.

Edited by KungFuPanda

I have tried a couple - one of which came highly rated (Maybelline Instant Age Rewind) - but both settled into and drew attention to fine lines and wrinkles that I had been blissfully unaware of until that point.

Some of the ones mentioned here are on my wish list after having seen some reviews on YouTube from people not in their 20s. I was also pondering Benefit’s erase paste which is now called their Boing concealer.

The instant age sticks settled into my wrinkles too, and I don't really even have many. That's what is so tricky about the undereye. Too dry is bad and too oily is bad. I go for oily and just set it lightly.