Menu

Accountability Thread 9/24-9/30

Good morning. I'd planned to start our week off with a trip to the lake, but that has now fallen through. I guess I'll be editing here at home and listening to various complaints, sporting events on the television and so forth.

This isn't going to be a good vacation week. I can tell already. :glare:

• Like 2

Sorry Critter, I hope it improves.

Finished up the audio book Charlotte's Web at home while she did crafts.

She counted up to 70 when I told her just a minute. She knows 60 seconds is in a minute so she told me so. Smartypants!

Bible video while Mommy got ready for church.

Audio book on car ride today.

Her read that Bob book.nope

Review the phonograms from last week.done

All depends on what happens this afternoon.

Edited by Mommyof1
  • Like 3

Good morning all!  The boys are just now dragging themselves out of bed so, who knows how today is going to go.  Our schedule for today is

morning time

latin

math

composition/spelling

literature

Christian studies

recitation

for the older one:

the same as the younger except he'll need to get his History and Science done and some studying for tests

I'm really hoping he begins working on his time management.

Critter, I hope your week improves!

• Like 2

Good Morning,

Monster Math Squad cartoon

Read to her about different Butterflies

Read Tall Tales about Johnny Appleseed

Reviewed-penny, nickel and dime

Reviewed phonograms from last week

Needs to read Bob book

Play boards games and cards as a family

Bedtime Math plus other read alouds of her choice

• Like 2

DS9 decided his brain wasn't working right today. He had a million excuses. He only managed math and astronomy. New he's sulking because I won't allow electronics time. Too bad, so sad, kid.

DD went to "handwriting camp" run by a homeschooling friend's 12 year old daughter for the afternoon. I'm ridiculously happy to outsource that job.

DS5 was rocking out some simple multiplication today. So proud of him :) Kindergarten can be so much fun.

Tonight/tomorrow I need to prep for science club, clean my house, prep keto food for the week, and study my subjects. The second season of my favorite Russian tv show came up on Netflix a couple days ago so I admit to less studying while I sneak in bits of episodes in my free time.

• Like 2

Day 2 of the week off. Still miserably hot and dry outside. I think I'm coming down with a cold (sore throat) but it could be the pollen and the dust in the air. DH had a medical procedure today. He's sleeping it off. I'm going to make some potato soup and then I may take a nap myself.

• Like 3

I feel like garbage this morning :(

It's Dd's birthday today. The daughter heretofore known as DD6 shall be known henceforth as DD7. She and DS9 are working away on math. Looks like we'll actually get through everything today.

Sorry you feel bad. But happy birthday to your DD!

• Like 3

Good morning! We are all zombies this morning, youngest is sick so don't know how much work he'll get done today. I just know we're going to take plenty of breaks and let it take as long as it takes. Oldest is going to finishe up his history and science for class tomorrow and I'm going to get my test written up and some chapter reading done for next week.

• Like 2

Critter and mommyof1, I hope y'all feel better soon. Youngest was able to get his day completed even with a runny nose and it's a good thing too because he has an orthodontist appointment tomorrow. The oldest still has work he needs to do in the morning while we're gone, for his classes. We have co op after lunch.

• Like 3

Thank you Mama25angels. Dd4 feeling a lot better Mommy not so much.

Dd did a 1/4 lesson in Blend Phonics, nature walk with Daddy and audiobook in the car. Picked up and dropped off stuff at library.

After dinner we did some read alouds.

Edited by Mommyof1
  • Like 3

Good Morning!  It's raining here and my youngest is sleeping off a bad dream.  Gonna wake him up in a bit so we can get started, our schedule for today is

Get everybody fed and where they need to be

morning time

Latin

Math

Composition/spelling

recitation/memory work

For the older boy:

morning time

Latin

math

history/science

• Like 3