Menu

Cloth diapers

Night Elf

Well, depends on what you want.  I found Green Mountain Diapers Clotheez to be nice and soft and they got softer over time: http://www.greenmountaindiapers.com/

I also really liked bamboo velour for their absorbancy and softness.  Microfiber was meh, and some of the cheaper pockets did the work, but not my favorite.  Hemp got crunchy, so the few we had were lined on one side with a scrubby soft piece.

• Like 1

Since she said, "Fold yourself", she might not mean prefolds.  

My aunt had gone to a Gerber outlet store near where she lived and bought a bunch of old-fashioned cloth diapers.  Included was a package of the cloth diapers that is basically just a giant piece of fabric with no sewing or folds in it.  It was very soft.  I used that a lot when DD was a newborn because it pleased me to fold it just so.  

One thing with Gerber diapers, they seem to have different quality levels, the same way Designer clothes do.   That designer name shirt you buy at Dillard's won't be as well made as the same designer's different shirt at Neimans.   The Gerber diapers from my aunt were nice.   The Gerber diapers from BabyRUs was worse than paper towels.