Menu

TMI--Women's issue

Chris in VA

Bleeding after meno--

So today I am experiencing very light but bright bleeding. Found when wiping. Def from the vag, not the rectum.

Web MD says could be very serious. 

Any experiences? Will be visiting the Dr asap (prob Mon afternoon)

Cancer is the last thing I need. My brother is already dealing with lymphoma. 

Is it possible you have a uti and don't have symptoms? I think you can get test strips from Walgreens, cvs, etc. I've bled with a uti.

It's definitely coming from the vag. 

I've had a little bleeding before from hemmies, so I thought it was that, but...it's not. 

Have to say I'm a little freaked out. 

And pissed. The universe seems to be piling on. 

Just from a nursing perspective... this is much more likely to be nothing unless it's ongoing.  However, it's always a good idea to get checked ASAP just in case it is a bad scenario.  Waiting could make it a worst-case scenario.  Still, don't panic.  It's likely just a random hormonal thing.

• Like 7

I had bleeding after menopause - started out light, then got heavier.  I was terrified.  Dr. did ultrasound and found a polyp.  She said they are rarely cancerous.  Had surgery to remove that was super simple (in and out in about 3 hours).  It was benign.  Don't worry too much about it. -Easier said than done, I know!

• Like 2

Hugs, Chris. Hoping it's nothing serious. Don't google anymore. You know you'll only find the worst explanations. Nobody bothers writing about finding out their cancer scare was nothing.

That is so true!

It's the same thing with any kind of test you're going to have. Don't google. You never hear about the 99.9 percent of people who thought it was nothing, and I swear that a lot of people are trolls who post about their horrific (and totally fake,) medical experiences just to scare people half to death.

• Like 2

Just reminder . . . Could it be related to enthusiastic TeA? As we age, our tissues become more fragile . . . so, anyway, if that were a likelihood, then it's probably no big deal. (Although it could prompt me to visit the DR anyway, in case there is/was some topical cream that might help strengthen the tissues . . .) 

That is so true!

It's the same thing with any kind of test you're going to have. Don't google. You never hear about the 99.9 percent of people who thought it was nothing.

Well, to each their own. Depends on where you click after googling. I am going through some woman's health stuff right now that started out pretty common but quickly went into something I've never heard of. Googling helped me understand the condition, risks,and prepare me with questions for my doctor. It is pretty scary anyway, so the articles and information helped reassure me that my risk factors are lower than what I assumed at the first mention from the nurse when she called. So, YMMV.

• Like 1

Well, to each their own. Depends on where you click after googling. I am going through some woman's health stuff right now that started out pretty common but quickly went into something I've never heard of. Googling helped me understand the condition, risks,and prepare me with questions for my doctor. It is pretty scary anyway, so the articles and information helped reassure me that my risk factors are lower than what I assumed at the first mention from the nurse when she called. So, YMMV.

I hope things are going well for you, too, RootAnn, and that your health issue turns out to be something that is very minor and easily treated. :grouphug:

• Like 4

I had this this summer.

I went to Dr (GYN) and they did an endometrial biopsy and ultrasound.

I don't have cancer I have 'pre-cancer'... I'm getting a hysterectomy over the holiday break...

Some women can take progesterone and it balances things- not an option for me.

My mom had endometriosis and lesions on her cervix that were pre cancerous when she was 41. She had a hysterectomy and swears it was the best thing that has ever happened to her. My aunt ended up with the same exact diagnosis 10 years later and also had a successful hysterectomy.

I know it might be in my future as well so I have been glad to have two women in my family who have been pleased with that decision. I wish you a speedy recovery!