Menu

Current fashion jeans and boots

Night Elf

In both Stitch Fix and Trunk Club, they sent me boyfriend jeans which are cuffed just above the ankle. I want straight jeans that go past my ankle and even down the sides of my shoes. Are these jeans not in style anymore and that's why I received only boyfriend style?

I bought a pair of booties to go with my skirts. They are black suede and have a slouchy look. Could I wear them with jeans that are tight at the ankle? Looking on pinterest, I'm seeing a lot of tall up the calf boots. Are those in style this year? What's better with jeans this year, ankle boots or calf high? 

I don't think they are. I've been looking for new jeans and straight leg over the shoe isn't "in" (and it's all I currently own). I mean, they have classic Levis and such, but the style is either in the boot or above. I hate having my ankles exposed in the cold, so I'm looking into jeggings.

About boot height, I think it depends on your height. I'm 5' even on a bad hair day, so booties to elongate the legs, or over-the-knee boots but with a top ending at the waist to shorten the torso. At least that's what a day of Pinterest browsing made me believe.

Edited by BarbecueMom

Actually longer pants are coming back this year. But I will mention that I notice a lot of the images that show up on pinterest for me are older (like a year or two older) so that could be part of it. This might be a good blog for you to follow, but see this one thread she did recently.

https://youlookfab.com/2017/09/14/wide-legs-with-flats-for-fall/

Here's another post on that topic that might shed more light:

https://youlookfab.com/welookfab/topic/fab-full-length-dark-jeans

Edited by tammyw

I have classic Levi's but they aren't as long as I'd like them to be. I shop at Kohls and they don't have longs in size 6 or lower.

I guess I'll go try on jeans tomorrow. I do want a pair I can wear with my ankle boots. I feel too old to wear jeggings, but that's the look I want. I always wear oversized men's sweaters in the winter so I figured I might actually be fashionable this year.

I've seen one woman in Walmart wearing wide trouser legs and I thought it looked odd. I don't know if I could wear that look.

Beth, I'm sorry to hijack your thread, but did you hear anything back from the CVS manager?

It's been a little crazy. He didn't call me on Monday like he said he would. So I waited until Thursday and called him again. He said he was planning on calling me the next day, on Friday, but that he was still waiting on something from Human Resources. So I stayed home all day Friday and no call! I decided I wasn't going to call him back this week. I figured he didn't like my application. But lo and behold, he called me yesterday, Saturday. He told me he hadn't forgotten me but he's trying to get together with another store manager from a few miles away and they're going to interview together. I have no idea why! But he said he'd call Wednesday afternoon and that I should get an interview either Thursday, Friday or Saturday. So we'll see! Thanks for asking!

• Like 4