What's with the ads?

#1 SeaConquest

SeaConquest

Advocatus Diaboli

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2791 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 09:21 PM

I am stuck sick in bed, and procrastinating on studying for an exam next week, so I am musing about writing classes for Sacha. He really enjoys his literature classes at Athena's, and we will likely move up to the lit classes at OG3 next year, but I am struggling with figuring out how to teach him writing -- specifically, learning to write good paragraphs. He doesn't have any issue stringing together 5+ sentences in response to the lit class prompts, but we haven't yet taken the next step toward essay writing by putting those sentences together in the form of paragraphs.

I was planning to use Treasured Conversations for this purpose, as I like its incremental approach, but I am finding myself spread too thin timewise. So, I will likely have to outsource next year. Sacha will be in 9 turning 10, and I have been eyeing the Paragraph Town class at OG3 (we did the Town level, minus the writing last year), or the online Writing & Rhetoric (books 3 and 4) class at Schole Academy. Another option is to play around with some fun Bravewriter classes for 4th, and then attempt WWS1/Expository Writing with WTMA in 5th?

Any thoughts and/or experiences?