Menu

Washers - If you couldn't get a Speed Queen, what would you buy?

frugalmamatx

My washer just died. A speed Queen is probably out of the budget, and I don't think they carry them locally anyways. What cheaper washer is decent?

Ha I just started a washer thread yesterday. I have had my Whirlpool Cabrio 5.3 for almost 24 hours. I have done about 6 loads. So far so good. Lowes has them on sale for $649. Regular $899.

• Like 1

We just bought a front loader Samsung from the Scratch&Dent isle for $400 a few days ago.  I am usually in the Miele/Asko washer segment and we only bought this because currently going to the laundromat is not going to happen within the next few weeks.  I have only done a few loads but I am pleasantly surprised.  I will probably keep it around once my washer gets here.  As it has only been less than a week, I can't really attest to its reliability.

My wife bought a 14 Kilo Top Loading Samsung Washing machine during November 2015. She loves it. Apparently in the USA they are sized by cubic feet, so I have no idea how 14 kilos compares to cubic feet.

Previously, we had  a Top Loading Whirlpool Washing Machine. In fact, we still have it, resting in retirement, in the Laundry room. It still works, after 20+ years of very heavy use, but has issues. It has the old fashioned Agitator. The Samsung we have now doesn't have an Agitator and she can get 3X the amount of stuff into it. 

I would go with either Samsung or Whirlpool.  Good luck with whatever you buy!