Menu

They all want me dead

Elizabeth86

Today has been that "are you kidding me?" day. My 6 year old fell off of our trampoline (that has a net) last night. I think he didn't zip it and fell out of the hole. So he bruised his heal and twisted his ankle. He could barely walk at our co-op today so I am waiting for the doctor to get us in this afternoon. Meanwhile, my daughter has a sore throat and I just took her temp...she has a fever. She ended up skipping piano at co-op today but went to art and writing which means we probably got people sick without realizing it sooner. We are supposed to have a haircut appt in 45 min that has been on the books for a couple of weeks and I am not sure that is going to happen. On top of it, our now 7 week old litter of kittens can get out of their baby gate play hard, but are not fully litter box trained. So I came home to 5 fluffers running amok and leaving presents for us to find. Of course this is the week DH is on a work trip. I am not sure whether to laugh maniacally or cry. Still, I know things could be waaaayyyyy worse so I am trying to count my blessings.

Edited by nixpix5

Today has been that "are you kidding me?" day. My 6 year old fell off of our trampoline (that has a net) last night. I think he didn't zip it and fell out of the hole. So he bruised his heal and twisted his ankle. He could barely walk at our co-op today so I am waiting for the doctor to get us in this afternoon. Meanwhile, my daughter has a sore throat and I just took her temp...she has a fever. She ended up skipping piano at co-op today but went to art and writing which means we probably got people sick without realizing it sooner. We are supposed to have a haircut appt in 45 min that has been on the books for a couple of weeks and I am not sure that is going to happen. On top of it, our now 7 week old litter of kittens can get out of their baby gate play hard, but are not fully litter box trained. So I came home to 5 fluffers running amok and leaving presents for us to find. Of course this is the week DH is on a work trip. I am not sure whether to laugh maniacally or cry. Still, I know things could be waaaayyyyy worse so I am trying to count my blessings.

*passes you the chocolate chocolates now with 20% more chocolate*

I was going to add "sick/injured kids while DH is on work trips" to the irrational fears thread, but it's more of a law of nature than anything because it happens every time. DH was just out of town for a week and for once, no one got sick or hurt. I'll be paying for that later, I'm sure of it.

• Like 3

Five Fluffers running around, that should've at least bought you a few giggles? Made me smile!

Edited by Seasider
  • Like 2

I thought you'd enjoy this. 

This is my cousin's daughter-in-law.  Laura and her husband live about an hour from me and are just darling.  They are authentic to the core, and they are homeschooling.

She's written a couple of innocent, joyful books for younger children, and they have exquisite illustrations.  You can look them up on Amazon using her last name if you're interested.

Ah, the mom life.

Edited by Halftime Hope