Menu

Shelf stable protein drink recommendations

Hilltopmom

I've always preferred not to drink my calories, but do love good home made smoothies.

But- I just started a traveling teacher job & dd is a 5 day a week dancer, & we're going to need some protein drinks to have on hand.

(We do like the powdered ones,like shakeology, but generic, but want some ready to drink ones right now)

Ones that taste good (ok, at least decent), please :)

Thanks

My vegetarian kid drinks them sometimes. The taste-tested winners that we keep on hand:

Boost Simply Complete, Dark Chocolate

Boost Original, Vanilla Delight

Eta: my kid is also a dancer, with 7 hours of classes and a competition over the next 3 days.

Edited by slackermom
  • Like 1

We like EAS - the low carb version.   But sometimes you get tired of the shake/smoothy idea.  Sometimes you don't want people commenting on your drink and discussing your diet as small talk.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CJUG5BQ/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is high protein and tastes Gatorade-ish.  20g protein and 2g carbs is pretty awesome numbers.  Sometimes I drink as is.   Often I will drink half a bottle as a 'meal' and dilute it with equal parts water.  

• Like 1

I am currently working with dietician on a very successful weight loss journey.

They always recommend you look,for whey protein isolate in the ingredients as your body readily absorbs all the protein.

Core power is a brand they carry in their store.

Premier protein doesn't fit their criteria.

Disclaimer, I rarely drink my protein.

• Like 1

I like the EAS carb control ones.  There are two kinds of chocolate, plus vanilla.  Possibly a strawberry but I could be wrong. 

I don't like the Preimer ones you get at Costco.  I think they are way too sweet.  Like sickenly sweet.  And you would think they were cheaper because it's a big box and Costco, but they actually cost a few cents more than the EAS four packs at Target. 

I can drink them at room temp, but I like them much better if they are at least a little cold. 

• Like 2