What's with the ads?

#301 MaeFlowers

MaeFlowers

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1217 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:31 PM

I received my Stitch Fix today. I asked for an outfit but I'm not sure that I got one.

Alexus Cardigan. I'm not sure about this one. The color is much prettier in person and the sweater is really soft. I'm not sure how I feel about the bat wings and the length (almost knee). It's also really thin, though not see through.

Covington One Pocket Top. It is actually a dark navy with thin red stripe. It is super soft and fits well. It kind of makes me say, "Meh." The stylist says this can be worn with the sweater above but I'm not sure.

Audrina Modal Knit Puffer Vest. It is super soft and I love the color. It is definitely going back, though. It isn't a good color for me and is too big.

Waldo Grommet Detail Pullover. I just didn't like anything about this, including the fit. Definitely going back.

Aisley Distressed Skinny Jean. Another maybe. Super soft and comfy. Easy to move in. But, they give me pancake butt. I would definitely have to wear a long tunic with these. I don't own any tunic length shirts, though.

So, I'm trying to figure out what I want to keep. Being fashion challenged like I am I don't even know if these things look good on me. Ugh.

ETA: I'm trying to figure out adding links from photobucket. I think it works. Maybe.

Edited by MaeFlowers, 12 January 2018 - 01:41 PM.

#302 Night Elf

Night Elf

Finished homeschooling.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14379 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:25 PM

I received my Stitch Fix today. I asked for an outfit but I'm not sure that I got one.

Alexus Cardigan. I'm not sure about this one. The color is much prettier in person and the sweater is really soft. I'm not sure how I feel about the bat wings and the length (almost knee). It's also really thin, though not see through.

Covington One Pocket Top. It is actually a dark navy with thin red stripe. It is super soft and fits well. It kind of makes me say, "Meh." The stylist says this can be worn with the sweater above but I'm not sure.

Audrina Modal Knit Puffer Vest. It is super soft and I love the color. It is definitely going back, though. It isn't a good color for me and is too big.

Waldo Grommet Detail Pullover. I just didn't like anything about this, including the fit. Definitely going back.

Aisley Distressed Skinny Jean. Another maybe. Super soft and comfy. Easy to move in. But, they give me pancake butt. I would definitely have to wear a long tunic with these. I don't own any tunic length shirts, though.

So, I'm trying to figure out what I want to keep. Being fashion challenged like I am I don't even know if these things look good on me. Ugh.

ETA: I'm trying to figure out adding links from photobucket. I think it works. Maybe.

It's hard to tell in the pictures but the alexus cardigan looks green and the covington one pocket top looks like a blue plaid. How would those go together? I like colors to match. I'm not good at putting together complimentary colors. I like the cardigan but have never owned anything with bat wings so I don't know if I'd be comfortable in it.

I've never understood puffer vests. If I cold enough for a vest, my arms are cold too. My mom got me one of these and I kept it like a dutiful daughter for 2 years and donated it.

I can't tell from the picture, but are those metal grommets going down the arms of the pullover? I'd think that would look a bit odd.

I'm sorry you didn't love everything. My advice is to keep only those things you love and that you know for a fact you'll wear. No maybes like I did. I've got two expensive blouses in my closet that I haven't even removed the tags from. I kept them because I thought I might wear them but I found other pieces I loved that made those maybe blouses a stupid purchase.

• Quill likes this

#303 Quill

Quill

Team Introvert - Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18341 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:37 PM

I can’t quite imagine the cardigan over that plaid top, but I can picture the plaid top with the vest, though I personally do not wear vests. I love the plaid top; I wish something like that would come in my next fix.

I think the grommet-sleeved top looks cool, but I will take your word for it that it doesn’t look good or fit well.

#304 Quill

Quill

Team Introvert - Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18341 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:40 PM

I've never understood puffer vests. If I cold enough for a vest, my arms are cold too. My mom got me one of these and I kept it like a dutiful daughter for 2 years and donated it.

Lol, this is exactly what I always think!

#305 MaeFlowers

MaeFlowers

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1217 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:16 PM

It's hard to tell in the pictures but the alexus cardigan looks green and the covington one pocket top looks like a blue plaid. How would those go together? I like colors to match. I'm not good at putting together complimentary colors. I like the cardigan but have never owned anything with bat wings so I don't know if I'd be comfortable in it.

I can't tell from the picture, but are those metal grommets going down the arms of the pullover? I'd think that would look a bit odd.

I'm sorry you didn't love everything. My advice is to keep only those things you love and that you know for a fact you'll wear. No maybes like I did. I've got two expensive blouses in my closet that I haven't even removed the tags from. I kept them because I thought I might wear them but I found other pieces I loved that made those maybe blouses a stupid purchase.

I think green and navy can go together. Just not this green and navy. And I think it is a weird mix of styles. Though what do I know. :laugh:

I also feel the same way about vests. Am I hot? Am I cold? I guess maybe it would be good for those hormonal days.

I can’t quite imagine the cardigan over that plaid top, but I can picture the plaid top with the vest, though I personally do not wear vests. I love the plaid top; I wish something like that would come in my next fix.

I think the grommet-sleeved top looks cool, but I will take your word for it that it doesn’t look good or fit well.

You should request the top. I think it would look good with your coloring. It is soooo soft but I felt overwhelmed by the print or something. The grommet top is soft, too, but it was just an odd fit on me. I didn't like where it hit. It's kind of an 80's look on.

I decided to send everything back. Night Elf is right. If I don't love it, I won't wear it. I will say that the things they sent this time were much nicer quality than what they sent two years ago. I think I need to give the stylist more direction the next time.

• Quill likes this

#306 Miss Peregrine

Miss Peregrine

Apprentice Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6873 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 05:10 PM

Too tired to link everything but I am only keeping one thing.

I tried to cancel as it's not in the budget this month but it was too late.

I got a necklace, a cardigan ting with no buttons(not my style) some Kut for the Kloth boyfriend jeans that I loved but they had a gap in the back and a purple sweatshirt that was just kind of boring.

I am keeping this shirt. It could not fit any better and it just absolutely perfect. I can't wait to wear it.

https://i.pinimg.com...8f8a8b9e9d5.jpg

• slr1765 and Quill like this

#307 Quill

Quill

Team Introvert - Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18341 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 05:43 PM

Too tired to link everything but I am only keeping one thing.
I tried to cancel as it's not in the budget this month but it was too late.

I got a necklace, a cardigan ting with no buttons(not my style) some Kut for the Kloth boyfriend jeans that I loved but they had a gap in the back and a purple sweatshirt that was just kind of boring.

I am keeping this shirt. It could not fit any better and it just absolutely perfect. I can't wait to wear it.

https://i.pinimg.com...8f8a8b9e9d5.jpg

That’s beautiful! I would keep that, too!
  • Miss Peregrine likes this