Menu

THE Stitch Fix reporting thread

Ginevra

I got my latest stitch fix Saturday. Do you know a major downside of Stitch Fix I did not anticipate? The box arrived on day 1 of my period and I have 3 days to decide to return things that I don't care about trying on right now. Ugh..

Anyways, I had asked for work clothes and that is what I received. I specifically asked for black pants and tops to wear to work. When I first opened the box, I kind of felt like meh... Partly because I just started my period but also because it wasn't full of cute fun fall clothes but just boring business casual clothes. But that is in fact what I asked for so I can't blame them that I got a boring box!

Here is what I received

Papermoon Iglesia Pleated blouse in dark green $48

41 Hawthorne Karie split neck blouse in burgundy $58

Calvin Klein Phoebe straight leg black pant $90

Skies are blue Asa Knit blazer in black $68

41 Hawthorne Laci banded bottom knit top, gray with white stripes $54

So I totally hated the black pants and I am pretty sure I will still hate the fit when my PMS ends so they are definitely going back. I am on the fence about all 3 shirts. The first two I love the cut and color on both, but they are both 100% polyester and that will make me so very sweaty. So even though they are both really cute now, if I am walking around with giant sweat stains under my arms it will not be cute, kwim? Plus do I really want to spend $106 on 2 polyester shirts? Decisions, decisions...

The banded sweater is so very soft and I love the gray. It is very much my style and similar to something I would buy. But when I put it on I felt like it showed all my problem areas in the midsection. I can't tell if it is being on my period that makes me feel unattractive in it or if it is really not a good fit. I will probably decide on this one at the last minute.

The knit blazer I kind of love even though it is very boring. I hate to wear coats so I typically wear a soft sweater or very thin coats in winter. This blazer is soft like a sweater but has a little structure. I think it might be really nice to wear to work. I am a little concerned about how it will hold up over time in the wash. Will it still look nice after a little wear or will it look fuzzy, faded and worn out? At $70 I am on the fence. This is the piece I am most likely to keep right now out of everything.

So overall they did send what I asked for in this fix. I liked the style of all the tops but the pants were a bust. I have concerns still about fabric, quality, and pricing. I am not sure right now what I will keep if anything. I kind of want to do another more fun fall clothes box because I feel depressed about just getting work clothes (which is absolutely what I need).

I had to take my daughter shopping for jeans for fall and I ran into my 'go to' work clothes store and grabbed two pairs of pants and two knit tops for work. But they are very boring and I feel like I want something different. The prices were about half of Stitch Fix though, since they were running a sale. I love sales and I feel like I am never going to get that 25% off the total box since I am so picky.

If my periods were regular and predictable I would put off my fix during that time. They are not so that is a disadvantage of Stitch Fix for me. I hate trying on clothes or shopping when I am on my period, even if it is in the comfort of my house. I wish I had more than 3 days to decide.

• Like 1

Here is what I received

Are these normal prices?  I've lost nearly 25 pounds and am interviewing for a full-time professional job.  I have a couple of interview things and a few pieces that belonged to my mom, but I need a whole new wardrobe.  I buy junk on clearance with a couple of coupons at Kohls (which is why I never look put together!) Are the above prices what I will be looking at for a work wardrobe?  Or is Stitch Fix really expensive?  (I feel like I did when I started looking at college tuitions!!)

Are these normal prices? I've lost nearly 25 pounds and am interviewing for a full-time professional job. I have a couple of interview things and a few pieces that belonged to my mom, but I need a whole new wardrobe. I buy junk on clearance with a couple of coupons at Kohls (which is why I never look put together!) Are the above prices what I will be looking at for a work wardrobe? Or is Stitch Fix really expensive? (I feel like I did when I started looking at college tuitions!!)

Those are normal prices for SF. If you buy the whole box, you get a 25% discount, which brings the cost of each down a bit. You also get a refund of the styling fee if you buy at least one item from the box. That has been one of the biggest adjustments for me, because I try to get good clothes at a great bargain and then I wear those items for years and years. But truly, I am reframing my views on this (I am also grateful that this is even a possibility; I know for many it is not) because getting something I love and that all goes together is worth it. I have had many articles of clothing that I got on clearance or at a thrift store but that I did not love or that didn't really go with my other items. So it is not really a bargain at all because it hangs unworn in my closet. I am really wearing my SF items. I am getting great use out of them because I feel stylish and pretty in them. They are not hanging forgotten in my closet.

I have the Stylebook ap on my iPad now and I can see hoe the cost per wearing makes it seem much more worth it.

• Like 2

I have also found NWT items from my Stitch Fix (or very similar items) on Poshmark for a fraction of the cost. I know others have issues with trying on clothes from one store and buying elsewhere, but IĂ¢â‚¬â„¢m usually paying the styling fee for that privilege and (with the exception of my most recent Fix) buy at least one item. YMMV.

Edited by Word Nerd

I have also found NWT items from my Stitch Fix (or very similar items) on Poshmark for a fraction of the cost. I know others have issues with trying on clothes from one store and buying elsewhere, but IĂ¢â‚¬â„¢m usually paying the styling fee for that privilege and (with the exception of my most recent Fix) buy at least one item. YMMV.

I just discovered that SF price matches:

What if I see an item in my Stitch Fix package elsewhere for a lower price?

We do our best to ensure that our pricing is competitive. If you find an identical product at another online retailer, weĂ¢â‚¬â„¢ll match the lower price for you and future clients receiving the product if:

The lower-priced item is found within 7 days of delivery

The items are identical

The item is not included in a retailerĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s exclusive conditional/promotional sale

• Like 2

These prices have been typical for me and I selected as cheap as possible. If you have the time and inclination to shop for yourself, you can find similar clothes for much less, especially using coupons somewhere like Kohls or Macy's. If you shop thrift or frugally, it is major sticker shock. I too, am trying to adjust my thinking on this but it is very difficult after years of clothes shopping very frugally. I just don't have the time to shop very often anymore.

• Like 2

Got my second Stitch Fix box, and it was not a keeper. I had a new stylist this time, and she did not get my style at all. I am 50, and still adjusting to that fact:) This box seemed too old lady for me. I have a wardrobe board on Pinterest that I attached and have been pretty clear about what I like. Also, I live in Central Florida, and this box had a heavy, woolen cardigan, long sleeved dress, and long-sleeved flannel plaid shirt! I might be able to wear any of those three items for a month out of the year at most. I am hoping this was a one off, and that next time they actually listen to me. I did keep a cute, sheer sleeveless top.

Edited by leeannpal
  • Like 2

Got my second Stitch Fix box, and it was not a keeper. I had a new stylist this time, and she did not get my style at all. I am 50, and still adjusting to that fact:) This box seemed too old lady for me. I have a wardrobe board on Pinterest that I attached and have been pretty clear about what I like. Also, I live in Central Florida, and this box had a heavy, woolen cardigan, long sleeved dress, and long-sleeved flannel plaid shirt! I might be able to wear any of those three items for a month out of the year at most. I am hoping this was a one off, and that next time they actually listen to me. I did keep a cute, sheer sleeveless top.

Those are the things that need to be in my October box! :) Seriously hoping every single item of clothing in my October box will be WARM because this is a problem I have all winter. I feel the cold. I think I did a good job of making that super clear in my note to the stylists, so we'll see.

I'm sorry your box was a bummer.

I live in FL too and this is my biggest fear.  My box should be shipping any day so I'll report back once I peek at what is being sent.

• Like 1

I have those CK pants and LOVE them!  On me, they're an ankle length, but they are soo comfortable and chic looking.  I wear them a lot. 

• Like 1

Those are normal prices for SF. If you buy the whole box, you get a 25% discount, which brings the cost of each down a bit. You also get a refund of the styling fee if you buy at least one item from the box. That has been one of the biggest adjustments for me, because I try to get good clothes at a great bargain and then I wear those items for years and years. But truly, I am reframing my views on this (I am also grateful that this is even a possibility; I know for many it is not) because getting something I love and that all goes together is worth it. I have had many articles of clothing that I got on clearance or at a thrift store but that I did not love or that didn't really go with my other items. So it is not really a bargain at all because it hangs unworn in my closet. I am really wearing my SF items. I am getting great use out of them because I feel stylish and pretty in them. They are not hanging forgotten in my closet.

I have the Stylebook ap on my iPad now and I can see hoe the cost per wearing makes it seem much more worth it.

Me too.  Three of the five items I have worn many times already, and I've only had them a month!  The scarf has been too warm as of yet, but I imagine I'll be wearing it in the next month, and probably often because I really like it.  The sweater I haven't yet worn because it's more of a summer sweater and it's kind of too late for that.

• Like 1

That's interesting. That happened to me too, and at least one other person on these boards. I mean our second boxes being a bust. I didn't keep anything. It was like my stylist was shopping for someone else.

• Like 1

They do this for MEN, too???!!!!!  Oh, I am so jealous!!! Extra jealous!  I would love to get my dh to dress in something that isn't blue, black or grey and jeans, flannels, tee shirts or cable sweaters.

Seriously. It has been in the back of my mind that I might do this for DS17 before he heads off to college next year.

I asked them if they'll let me do multiple profiles under one account as I loathe shopping for DS15 (28x30 and still growing) and DD11 (she's nearly as tall as I am and still growing), but they said not yet. I don't like the idea of setting up more email addresses for my two kids. I hope they add the ability soon.

• Like 1

When I did SF last fall/winter I inquired about keeping the same stylist. At least back then if you wanted to keep the same person, you had to ask. They told me their default was to give you someone new each time, which seemed odd. Not sure if it's still that way. One would think if you were pleased the default would be to assign you the same person consistently. No idea how high their turnover is though.

I have a friend in Florida who does SF, and she just makes it clear in her stylist note (I think each time) of where she lives and that she doesn't want heavy, bulky clothes.

Edited by Hoggirl
  • Like 1

When I did SF last fall/winter I inquired about keeping the same stylist. At least back then if you wanted to keep the same person, you had to ask. They told me their default was to give you someone new each time, which seemed odd. Not sure if it's still that way. One would think if you were pleased the default would be to assign you the same person consistently. No idea how high their turnover is though.

I have a friend in Florida who does SF, and she just makes it clear in her stylist note (I think each time) of where she lives and that she doesn't want heavy, bulky clothes.

It now has a place you can check mark when you do the checkout and review of your box in order to use the same stylist. I am assuming there are limitations to this; maybe that stylist quits or has too many requests or they need to train new stylists, etc. But you can request it in your ordinary check out.

• Like 1

It now has a place you can check mark when you do the checkout and review of your box in order to use the same stylist. I am assuming there are limitations to this; maybe that stylist quits or has too many requests or they need to train new stylists, etc. But you can request it in your ordinary check out.

Good! I'm glad to hear they changed that!

My Fix is on the way!

• Like 1

So my 7th box was just sent.  I love my stylist and there has been maybe one or two things sent thus far that I didn't like the style of.

This box?  Hideous.  Although maybe the stuff will get here and make me look 10 years younger and 10 lbs. thinner.....

I'm getting an embroidered sweatshirt.   A sweatshirt that is embroidered.  Forget the fact that I live in Florida and specifically asked for summer clothes, but what am I?  My grandmother?  I know embroidery embellishments are "in" right now but this doesn't look like that.  Oh and it costs $78.

I'm also getting one of those ubiquitous open cardigans (again, FLORIDA), a $60 canvas tote bag that is a solid color and not even pretty (no way), a maxi skirt (meh), and an off the shoulder shirt (something finally weather appropriate).

I can't help but wonder whether this is a new stylist it is so off the mark.  I guess I will see when it gets here.  Oh and for the first time this is being shipped by USPS, not by FedEx or UPS so who actually knows when it will really show up.

Can you tell I'm bitter?  I may hold any further shipments until Spring, when summer clothes are back in stock.

• Like 1

So my 7th box was just sent. I love my stylist and there has been maybe one or two things sent thus far that I didn't like the style of.

This box? Hideous. Although maybe the stuff will get here and make me look 10 years younger and 10 lbs. thinner.....

I'm getting an embroidered sweatshirt. A sweatshirt that is embroidered. Forget the fact that I live in Florida and specifically asked for summer clothes, but what am I? My grandmother? I know embroidery embellishments are "in" right now but this doesn't look like that. Oh and it costs $78.

I'm also getting one of those ubiquitous open cardigans (again, FLORIDA), a $60 canvas tote bag that is a solid color and not even pretty (no way), a maxi skirt (meh), and an off the shoulder shirt (something finally weather appropriate).

I can't help but wonder whether this is a new stylist it is so off the mark. I guess I will see when it gets here. Oh and for the first time this is being shipped by USPS, not by FedEx or UPS so who actually knows when it will really show up.

Can you tell I'm bitter? I may hold any further shipments until Spring, when summer clothes are back in stock.

Any chance it is the black sweatshirt with flower embroidery? I saw a review on the black one and looked so much better on.

• Like 1

Any chance it is the black sweatshirt with flower embroidery? I saw a review on the black one and looked so much better on.

I can't tell if they are flowers or suns.  The brand is Q&A and it is called the Cecillea Embellished Sleeve Knit Sweatshirt.  If you happen to remember where you saw the review I'd love to see it.

I am so jealous  of those of you who are having such good luck with your Stitch Fix boxes.   I tried it 4 times last year and ended up only keep 2 pieces.  One of those fell apart within a few weeks.  After 2 boxes that I sent the entire thing back, I gave up. I LOVE the idea, but it just didn't work for me.

I am so on the fence with this fix. After re-trying everything post PMS the pants fit and look great with the shirts they sent. So I am considering keeping the whole fix and finally getting that discount. But then I realized the pants and the knit blazer I love are dry clean only so I am torn again!

Do I want dry clean pants and a dry clean blazer and 2 polyester shirts that fit great and a super cozy sweater for $217.00? I don't know and I only have til Friday to decide...

Edited by CaliforniaDreaming
  • Like 1

OK, everyone want a good laugh? 

I went into my SF account just fooling around and trying to get my profile right for when I do order something and somehow I actually ordered a box. 

Due tomorrow.  Ugh.  I am so unhappy with myself.  So if I hate it all I can send it all back and I lose the $20 fee?  Is that how it works?

OK, everyone want a good laugh?

I went into my SF account just fooling around and trying to get my profile right for when I do order something and somehow I actually ordered a box.

Due tomorrow. Ugh. I am so unhappy with myself. So if I hate it all I can send it all back and I lose the $20 fee? Is that how it works?

Yes, but they're sending one tomorrow?! How can that be? Or, do you mean a while ago, you were fooling around with it and ordered a fix and only now realize it is on its way to you?

It might not be bad...maybe you'll be happy it turned out like that.

This thread is making me chomp at the bit for my next fix, even though it's not time yet! I fiddled around with my note more. It's fair to say I'm approaching addiction with this. Truth.

• Like 2

Yes, but they're sending one tomorrow?! How can that be? Or, do you mean a while ago, you were fooling around with it and ordered a fix and only now realize it is on its way to you?

It might not be bad...maybe you'll be happy it turned out like that.

Yes it was back when you started this thread that I was fooling around with it.  I got a charge on my debit that I didn't recognize and with all the fraud I called the bank to see what it was....that is when I realized they had charged me and when I went to my account it showed me it was already on its way.  Plus I then realized I had missed an email telling me the same thing.

So dumb.  But anyway, I did re read my notes to the stylist and I think I did a fair job of explaining myself and my tastes.  They asked for links to social media, but not to FB or IG which is all I use. Have any of you sent them your links?

I read this thread with great interest. Maybe someday I'll give it a try. I am trying to get into substitute teaching (if our district's one human resource person can ever get the new subs processed), and I definitely need some wardrobe help if I'll be working. But I'm sooooo picky, and frugal, and not hip with all the latest fashion trends, and would only want clothes, not accessories, etc. Reading this thread somehow freed me up mentally to shop for a few pieces even before I have an income! But I picked it all out myself.

1 pair Eddie Bauer jeans

1 pair LLBean chinos

2 fine-gauge crew-neck sweaters with 3/4 length sleeves, one cream and one periwinkle (local store)

plus a pair of black dressier trousers from Eddie Bauer I bought over the summer that will work with both sweaters.

That will have to be my fix for now. But the two pair of pants and 2 sweaters I bought this week were $170 and I know I like the style of everything.

• Like 2

So my 7th box was just sent.  I love my stylist and there has been maybe one or two things sent thus far that I didn't like the style of.

This box?  Hideous.  Although maybe the stuff will get here and make me look 10 years younger and 10 lbs. thinner.....

I'm getting an embroidered sweatshirt.   A sweatshirt that is embroidered.  Forget the fact that I live in Florida and specifically asked for summer clothes, but what am I?  My grandmother?  I know embroidery embellishments are "in" right now but this doesn't look like that.  Oh and it costs $78.

I can't help but wonder whether this is a new stylist it is so off the mark.  I guess I will see when it gets here.  Oh and for the first time this is being shipped by USPS, not by FedEx or UPS so who actually knows when it will really show up.

Can you tell I'm bitter?  I may hold any further shipments until Spring, when summer clothes are back in stock.

I think you and I must have had the same stylist! I din;t think they understand Florida weather!:)

• Like 2

I am enlisting my Mom to be my stylist! I can't afford Stitch Fix prices, LOL.

She sent me a birthday present today - two outfits - and they are perfect and only cost $75. I'm only 5 months postpartum and am still losing baby weight, and she is willing to shop for me for a few things each month so I can look presentable! Best part is she knows my style, she is about my size, and she's thrifty! I'm going to cover her lunch and gas and postage.

• Like 13

It's here and it's a hit! I will be keeping all of the items this time! For those of you wondering about sizes, this is a plus size box. I am hard to fit and regulars don't quite fit right on some items, so I decided to size up to see if it helped. 

Bancroft Benson Layering Necklace  $34 ($25.50 w/discount) - This is a simple long silver necklace with grey beads. It will look good with many of my sweaters. It's more than I usually pay for a necklace, it's an item I usually get on clearance at Target and Kohl's. I'm keeping it because I like it and because of the discount if  you keep the whole box. 

Out From the Kloth Kate Boyfriend Jeans $88 ($66 w/discount) - Love, love, love them! I haven't worn cuffed jeans in years, but these are extremely comfy, great cut and very soft. They are a medium shade of blue denim. I'll be asking them for more jeans from this brand, I think. 

41Hawthorne Henri Suplice Ruche Sides Knit Top $64 ($48 w/discount)  - I wasn't sure about this one when I took it out of the box. It is heather grey and I haven't really liked any of the rushed side items that I have tried on in stores. This one fits perfectly, though. I will be keeping it. It will require a shirt under it, since it has a really deep neckline, but that will look good with it. 

Tinsel Chapleen Lightweight Cargo Jacket $88 $66 w/discount) - By lightweight, they mean lightweight! It has a removable hood and is just right for fall walks when I need to cut the chill just a little bit. It's navy blue. 

Crescent Shanti Button Down Top $54 ($40.50 w/discount) - I would never have tried this on in the store. It looks like a traditional button down top from the front. The back is gathered a little bit at the waist and it is longer, kind of like a peplum. The sleeves are long, but they have tabs so that they can be rolled up to 3/4 length. I like it best with the sleeves down. Strangely enough, even though it is called a "button down top," the collar is not a button down. The cut is a bit roomy and the buttons gap in one place, but I am going to iron it and see if that solves the problem, I think it just might. It's a lightweight, navy fabric with a thin burgundy stripe. It's very comfortable. This is one item that I do think is overpriced for the quality. 

So, the box total was $328 and with the 25% discount for keeping the whole box, it was $246 for five items, which include a pair of jeans and a coat, two items I usually have to spend a lot of money on to get the right fit. 

I am fighting the urge to go order another box! I do need to wait a bit, though. I want to poke around at Trunk Club and see if I can get a feel for how they do with women's clothing. My husband has used them for a few years. He's had a lot of hits and some misses. 

• Like 7

How do you peek to see what you are getting? I think I read it's through an app, but the account is through my e-mail? Is there some way you log in through the app? Same login/password as your account?

Yes, just download the Stitch Fix app and log in to your account there. YouĂ¢â‚¬â„¢ll be able to see the items they sent after it ships.

• Like 1

Yes it was back when you started this thread that I was fooling around with it. I got a charge on my debit that I didn't recognize and with all the fraud I called the bank to see what it was....that is when I realized they had charged me and when I went to my account it showed me it was already on its way. Plus I then realized I had missed an email telling me the same thing.

So dumb. But anyway, I did re read my notes to the stylist and I think I did a fair job of explaining myself and my tastes. They asked for links to social media, but not to FB or IG which is all I use. Have any of you sent them your links?

I did create a Pintrest board for SF and sent them that link. I had a Pintrest account mostly from when I had a college class on marketing and part of our weekly assignments was to pin examples of things like logos, PSAs, typegraphy, etc. I do think my stylist uses my pins to clue in to my style because many of my LOVE items have strongly resembled items I pinned.

I got mine today and the stylist for the most part got what I was looking for.  It was a maternity box, but I asked for things that I could use afterwards, layers, warm and things to use for pictures and holidays.  The only thing I didn't really feel I got was the pictures/holidays.  But everything except for one can be used after pregnancy.

Andrew Marc Performance Elly Puffer Vest- ($98)  This was by far my favorite item, but also something I would have chosen for myself anyway.  It's olive green, down filled (but thin), has a cute stripped print on the inside of the hood.  It's more than I would normally have spent on an item like this, but if I end up keeping everything, it's not too bad.

Olive & Oak Riddle Two Pocket Top- ($58) I have looked for a warm flannel shirt that doesn't look too much like those I wore in my grunge phase.  This is nice and feminine, comfy and a great everyday look.  The only bummer about it is that with my belly it's short in the front and won't be buttoned long.  But it will look ok with a shirt underneath and definitely be something I can wear after baby.  

Tinsel Chapleen Cargo Jacket- ($88)  This is a fun coat and I've looked at these in the store before, but just never gotten one.  The only thing that makes me pause about this is the color since it's burnt orange.  I'm more of a plain jane girl, so this is a bit out of my comfort zone.  Still I'll probably end up keeping it to add something different to my wardrobe and try something new.

Fate Leyton Colorblock Open Cardigan- ($68)  This is something I wouldn't have tried on my own, but I kind of like it.  DH also seems to like that way it looks on me.  It's warmer poncho sweater and a nice grey, black and white and I can see myself pairing it with a few of the things I already own.  If I didn't already like the majority of the other items in the box, I'd probably send this one back, but I'll probably give it a try for something different- which is why I tried stitch fix again.

Market & Spruce Alma Long Sleeve Maternity Knit Top- ($44)  This is the only actual maternity item I received.  I really like this as I've been having a tough time finding clothes I like. It's a plain dark grey thin sweater like material.  It pairs well the vest, jacket and cardigan too.  

I think I'm going to end up keeping the entire box.  With discount it's $247 ($356-25% and $20).  I'll still end up needing to supplement with a few things I find elsewhere for pictures, holidays and the next few months until this little one arrives.  But overall since I can continue using most of these for awhile, I feel its worth it.  

• Like 5

Yes, for those in Florida...I'm in Houston and did Dia and Co and Stitchfix and I have to tell them EVERY time that it is hot here. No it's not time for fall clothes yet. Yes, I know you THINK that's great for late summer because it's sheer, but it's long sleeved and 100% synthetic and I will roast. No, really. Please, thanks. 

• Like 6

My Trunk Club box is being prepared. I got the preview of the 10 items and declined 3. One of them was a very long grey cardigan that falls at the calf. Nope! Definitely not my style. I also declined one pair of skinny jeans because they looked way short. And I declined a very ruffly blouse. It's too fru fru for me. So sometime today my stylist should replace those 3 items. Also in the box are two more pairs of skinny ankle jeans. I wanted to try them but I'm very skeptical. I haven't worn tight jeans since I was in my 20s and I'm 49. I'm worried they'll feel too snug. I also asked for two layering tanks and the ones she included are $24/ea. I feel like I can go find the same thing at Kohls or Target for much less. I don't know about this box. I had such high hopes but I have a feeling I might be keeping only a couple of things. Oh, and she included a pair of combat boots I asked for but they are $100. I think my local shoe store will be cheaper. I might go shopping today to see what I can find.

I have no idea when my box will get to me. I think it takes a few business days after it's shipped. Hopefully it will ship out today.

• Like 2

I peeked at my Stitch Fix. I think my stylist did a good job. I specifically asked for straight, not skinny jeans, and that is what s/he sent. There is a cascade faux leather/suede/ponte jacket in burgundy, I probably would have preferred black. My concern is it appears that the three fabrics may not all be exactly the same color. Which is understanble but why I might have liked black better. Two of the tops look promising, but I am not happy about a third for a couple of reasons. I specifically asked that tops be bra strap friendly. This one has lots of cute cutouts on the shoulders/arms, but it certainly looks like a bra strap would show from the picture as the straps making up the cutouts are all thin. It's a black top, and one could argue a black bra strap would just be another strap, but I don't like that idea. Also, the price on that one is waaaayyyyy too high.

I did previously find that they tended to send clothes ahead of season - not unlike how items are in B&M stores. Florida people - don't you eventually want some long-sleeved tops? I am a native though I haven't lived there in years. I know it won't ever be super cold, but I certainly don't remember being sleeveless/short-sleeved all year. Is the frustration more that you can't wear the items as soon as they arrive? That will likely be true for that jacket they sent me if I decide to keep it, but I don't mind buying ahead of season a bit.

• Like 1

For me it's that I'll only wear warm items about two months a year. And even during those two months it's like a pendulum. Short sleeves, long sleeves, short sleeves, long sleeves. I really don't need very many winter things at all. And it's not so much that I have to be able to wear everything right now (even though that is kind of my reason for ordering a box), it's that I won't need those things until January. I found they were sending me at least 2-3 winter things in each box in mid-summer. If you get half winter stuff in your boxes, but only need winter stuff 1/12-1/6th of the year, then it's a bit frustrating. 

I will also say, I think a lot of the winter stuff is tied to a preference for sleeves. When I said no sleeveless stuff, I think they had to really grasp for summer things for me - there isn't a lot. Once I opened up to sleeveless, I got a selection that matched the season/my style better. 

• Like 3