Menu

Questions about VW (Vocabulary Workshop)

lazycat

I tried WW3K for my DS. He hates it. I recently found people talked about VW so I would like to give it a try. To my surprise, there is nowhere to buy it except for their official website. More ridiculous thing is the answer keys are in the teacher's edition which needs institution account. I would like to know how you people get it. Thanks a lot for your help!!!

I have a homeschool account many years ago with Sadlier Oxford and have no problem purchasing the teacher's edition with the student edition for my kids. It is not cheap as I don't get a volume discount or institution discount.

We file the private school affidavit here in California for homeschoolers so it was easy to proof I am a homeschooler with two school age kids in K-12.

Kolbe Academy sells the teacher's edition if you are registered with them. They also sell the student workbooks.

E.g. http://books.kolbe.org/store/p/114-SADLIER-VOCABULARY-WORKSHOP-LEVEL-A-TM.html

• Like 2

I am so glad you asked this! 

Is each book intended for 36 weeks? I am seeing 18 units per book.

How did you register with Sadler-Oxford?

Edited by Paradox5

Thanks a lot for everyone's response. The problem for Amazon or eBay is that you have to wait for the ones you want. I found VW has different prints and different versions. 

To Arcadia:

How to register as homeschool account? I went to their website. There are only 2 choices: school or individual. When you register as homeschool, what document do you need to provide them? Thanks.

How to register as homeschool account? I went to their website. There are only 2 choices: school or individual. When you register as homeschool, what document do you need to provide them?

I register as an individual. Then email them to ask for access to purchase the teacher’s guide as a homeschooler. I have the email from my state’s (California) DoE confirming that I filed the private school affidavit which is for homeschoolers here.

They basically want to know I am not a parent buying solutions manuals to help my kids score better than their classmates.

• Like 1

I register as an individual. Then email them to ask for access to purchase the teacher’s guide as a homeschooler. I have the email from my state’s (California) DoE confirming that I filed the private school affidavit which is for homeschoolers here.

They basically want to know I am not a parent buying solutions manuals to help my kids score better than their classmates.

Thanks a lot for your help!!! Only email is enough? That's great! Avoid a lots of hassle.   :hurray:

Only email is enough? That's great! Avoid a lots of hassle.

The private school affidavit is a public document on the DoE website anyway and it has my residential address, name as well as how many school age kids in each grade.

It just does not have my kids names or birthdates.

When people doing the “clearance†are confused about homeschooling, I just sent them the link to California’s DoE page about schooling at home for California. I don’t know if we are in the same state but I do find most providers are friendly to homeschoolers as long as there is some way to proof we are homeschoolers.

There are many parents buying teachers edition of curriculum from used bookstores, eBay and Amazon (3rd party sellers) and it is cheaper than buying direct from the publisher.