Menu

CA list of secondary schools

daijobu

I'm poking around the Secondary Schools section, and I see that there is room for 4 different schools.  In addition to "Home Schooled" which I will select, I can also add some other vendors we have used like PAH and SOHS. 

This is helpful because in the "Courses and Grades" section of the CA, it will populate a pull down menu with a list of schools she's taken, and we can enter her PAH and SOHS classes as having been taking with those vendors, which seems more accurate than having taken them at my homeschool, which one could argue is also true. 

But if I choose to add more than one secondary school, the CA prompts the student:  "Please provide details about why you left each of the above secondary schools."  which sounds a bit negative and implies that we were enrolled full time. 

N.B., the Courses and Grades section is new this year I believe and not widely required by colleges yet.  

Any thoughts on the best way to approach this?  

I'm poking around the Secondary Schools section, and I see that there is room for 4 different schools.  In addition to "Home Schooled" which I will select, I can also add some other vendors we have used like PAH and SOHS. 

This is helpful because in the "Courses and Grades" section of the CA, it will populate a pull down menu with a list of schools she's taken, and we can enter her PAH and SOHS classes as having been taking with those vendors, which seems more accurate than having taken them at my homeschool, which one could argue is also true. 

But if I choose to add more than one secondary school, the CA prompts the student:  "Please provide details about why you left each of the above secondary schools."  which sounds a bit negative and implies that we were enrolled full time. 

N.B., the Courses and Grades section is new this year I believe and not widely required by colleges yet.  

Any thoughts on the best way to approach this?  

I agree that comes across quite negative - I would just add that information with the provider website in a detailed course list

Not familiar with the Common App because so far none of the schools DS is applying to need it

that seems to be quite "nosey" and unnecessary - who created this thing?