Menu

What is your favorite meal?

Mommyof1

Biscuits, sausage and gravy. All homemade.

My mom used to make this for breakfast every single day before started school. I was literally 7 years old before I had cereal. I make it for dinner quite often because dh doesnt eat breakfast. It is dhs fav too. Im not good at biscuits so I usually use frozen.

Can you tell I am from the south. lol

• Like 5

Prime rib or chicken pot pie, homemade of course. I have to figure out how to make a gluten-free/dairy free pot pie. I made a regular one a few weeks ago and it was hard not to eat any of it!! Mashed potatoes are my favorite side, but as I don't eat dairy anymore they are out.  :crying: I seriously miss them. 

• Like 1

It's hard to choose just one, but I really really like homemade chicken fingers with homemade honey mustard or homemade Zaxby's sauce, homemade mac n cheese, and steamed green beans or a salad on the side.

If I'm eating out, my favorite meal is Manicotti, garlic rolls and salad from a wonderful Italian restaurant nearby.

The one I'm eating right now usually.

The one I look forward to the most is the say after Thanksgiving, the only time dh ever makes cheesy day potatoes... Fry the leftover potato casserole and eat eggs friend over-easy on top. Mmm I'm so excited for the day after Thanksgiving!!!

Prime rib or chicken pot pie, homemade of course. I have to figure out how to make a gluten-free/dairy free pot pie. I made a regular one a few weeks ago and it was hard not to eat any of it!! Mashed potatoes are my favorite side, but as I don't eat dairy anymore they are out.  :crying: I seriously miss them. 

Why are mashed potatoes out?  What dairy are you putting in there?  Butter?  Have you tried Earth Balance margarine?  It's dairy free and very good.  Or chicken broth.

My dd has a milk allergy and we eat mashed potatoes all the time.

• Like 3

We make them with butter and half and half, sometimes dh adds cream cheese. I love them like that!! I stay away from margarine because some of the oils increase inflammation in my body, but I may the Earth Balance as an occasional treat. I generally stick to ghee, coconut oil and olive oil. I have found one coconut milk that is mild so I was thinking of trying that to make mashed potatoes. I only eat potatoes about once a month nowadays unless dh puts them in a stew, in which case I will have a few pieces. 

Why are mashed potatoes out?  What dairy are you putting in there?  Butter?  Have you tried Earth Balance margarine?  It's dairy free and very good.  Or chicken broth.

My dd has a milk allergy and we eat mashed potatoes all the time.

It totally depends upon my whims of the day.

For our wedding anniversary I will almost always get prime rib, cooked rare, and with mushrooms.

For an every week thing, we stop by a local Mexican place every Thursday and I get a chorizo taco salad.

For salty comfort at home I like chipped beef and gravy over mashed potatoes or pasta.

For fancy at home I like curried lamb chops or ribs.

For deliciously healthy at home, my dh cooks tasty salmon.

If it's a known last meal, it will probably come down to one of those options.

What my grandpa, who served in WW II, called Sh*t on a shingle.  Any meat (I prefer roast beef or turkey) gravy, and mashed potatoes on a slice of white bread.  I was a grown adult before I knew other people called it a "Manhattan".  My mom always called it an SOS.  I can't eat them but very rarely, WAY too many carbs.  Otherwise I LOVE Cobb salad.

• Like 1