Menu

Do you sleep with a stuffed animal?

bethben

Do you sleep with a stuffed animal?  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Do you sleep with a stuffed animal?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not a stuffed animal, but a pillow I've owned forever

I did till I got married and then I snuggled with dh ;) (and later snuggled with three kidlets) - took him to college and everything. I still have Cat (I got him for my second birthday) - right now he lives on my desk by my monitor. Now that I rarely have kids in the bed (and have been feeling stressed as of late), I might bring Cat back into the bed. I snuggled with dd11's Teddy for a nap (she'd left her on my bed), and it was surprisingly comforting.

Kid wise, the two oldest each have particular animals they sleep with (and dd8 also has a menagerie all along the edges of her bed). Ds6 occasionally sleeps with one of his animals - but only about half the time, and he rotates through about half a dozen different ones. None of them slept with a stuffed animal till they were no longer sleeping in our bed.

• Like 1

My MIL has a pillow that she's had for over 50 years. Every once in a while, she opens it up and stuffs more feathers into it. I have similar only mine is only 30-35 years old. The outside fell apart so I repurposed an only pillow case to hold the smattering of feathers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Occasionally when I change the sheets I find that a stuffed animal has come into my bed and worked its way to the very for of the bed. Along with other kid's detritus. As a kid I generally had stuffed animals or sold on with me, but it was because there was no where else for them to go in my room, and I didn't remove them before sleeping.

No, but into my 20s I had a big polar bear that was the perfect size to hug, which made my arms more comfortable. I sometimes use a pillow for that purpose now.

Both of my girls have IKEA sharks they sleep with, and they go with us on trips.

Incidentally, I have never been able to sleep while cuddling/spooning/hugging/etc. DH. We still do those things in bed, but I have to be unentwined to fall or stay asleep. I could probably sleep if we were just touching feet or I had a hand on his shoulder or something.

Edited by Word Nerd

Yep. There are two here now. But, they aren't required. If one falls off the bed, the kids will often find it and put it back on. They are mostly for show (although I do grab onto a paw sometimes when DH is on nights and I need to touch something after a nightmare). I have body pillows (also) for proper body support when DH is on nights.

I am a firm believer in snuggles, stuffed or human (or the furry kind). Whatever helps you to sleep and be comforted. No shame. Took my kid brother's snuggly (on loan) to college with me.

• Like 2

I do not, never really did, even as a kid. DD10 doesn't either. 

DD18 sleeps with a large stuffed animal (right now it is the shark from IKEA) even though she sleeps in a full size bed with a boyfriend. LOL I am guessing it is a bit crowded.  

But..she does it because she has a shoulder that hyperextends and so she keeps her arms wrapped around it when she sleeps  A round pillow would work too, but the size, stuffing firmness and shape of IKEAs large animals are usually perfect for her.  It used to be a leopard she name Wilson till he got too floppy and then the shark replaced him. 

random picture of the shark from the internet. odd photo shoot, but it shows the size LOL

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/5a/d0/45/5ad0456d1ff1be3d11532cfb9208fa3a--it-is-my-birthday-think-tanks.jpg

:lol: that photo made me LOL