Menu

The I'm Tired Again (still) Teachers Lounge 9-13-2017

scrapbookbuzz

Good morning and welcome to the Lounge!

We do have some bottled Frappuccinos if you're thirsty. Or I can make you a cuppa with the Keurig.

There is also some fresh fruit available. Later, there may also be gluten-free double chocolate muffins.

Today's theme stems from the fact that while I had a solid night's sleep, I slept hard and seem to be

having a hard time feeling fully awake, even though I've been up for about two hours, and am showered and dressed!

I really need to be AWAKE.

Who else is moving through sludge this morning? Here:  :seeya:

What's going on in your world today? Here: I need to get some studying done and have accomplished some of it.

Just need about another hour's worth, I think. Was interrupted by taking dh to pick up his car after an oil change.

Need to get schooling done with kids but oi! My brain needs to work! Not sure about this evening yet: there's a community 

meeting with the local PD that I want to go to, and would like to take my daughter. Trying to figure out if we can do both that

and get her to taekwondo. Maybe. And it might be a good idea to do both as dh and ds will be busy here at home getting ready 

for their camping trip/hike (which I know they are not physically ready for  :glare: ) this weekend.

Anyone want to just call of school, at least for the morning, and chat around the table instead? Here:  :seeya:  :seeya:  :seeya:

Talk to me! :bigear:

• Like 1

I'm moving through sludge.  Windstorm last night kept me awake.  I'm on my second very large cup of coffee.

I'm watching AP Biology videos this morning.  I never learned any of this is high school, so am battling to keep up with DD16 on this subject.  It's super-interesting, but I'm having a hard time getting the sludge in my brain to learn all the vocabulary.  The best part of homeschooling high school for me is getting to learn new stuff.  But AP Bio may be reaching my limits.  Give me Math any day!

Today I need to go into work for a mandatory meeting and then take DD16 to get her allergy shots.  

• Like 2

Good afternoon! It's a beautiful day here. I've got bananas and apples because those don't spoil when there's no power. I'm making white chicken chili later this afternoon for dinner if you want some. 

No sludge here, except the yuckiness of no internet or cable for over 48 hours! I'm using my phone hot spot for basic stuff but limiting it because we only have a small amount of data per month for all 3 phones.

Today, I tutored my 2 geometry students but my elementary student cancelled. They still don't have power and have lots of yard work to do from branches down. Ds will be doing what school he can without wifi, and tonight is church. Dh's school was cancelled again because 2 of the schools were still without power last night. 

I'd like to call off school, but I know I'll regret it later, so I'm not. 

I am moving at a snail's pace today. Thankfully, dh was home from work until 2:30 and did most of the kids' schoolwork with them. All they have left to do is handwriting and reading to me.

Today I don't have any plans to leave the house. I'm going to finish putting in the base cabinets in our kitchen, someone is coming to buy one of our leftover base cabinets, I've got to direct the kids in the cleaning of their room, and then we'll just have fun. If the lawn dries enough from the rain earlier I'll mow since I fixed the mower.

Time for my second cup of coffee

• Like 2

Ugh me. 11 weeks pregnant today. I literally am moving as little as possible. Ive said it once and I will say it again. I HATE first trimester. I feel like death. I always feel so down. Just a couple weeks to go...

I finished school with ds already and he and other ds are playing video games and dd is napping. I should do something, but I just dont want to.

Edited by Elizabeth86
  • Like 1

Elizabeth, you are excused from any type of thinking right now!

hjffkj, glad dh was home to help with schooling!

Amy, hope you get power back on soon! Soup sounds wonderful!

lol thank you. I am such a wimp during pregnancy. Im a beast during child birth, I breastfeed like pro, recovery is great, sleepless nights dont mean a thing, but pregnancy gets to me. I just want to comain to anyone that will listen and Im contemplating ordering pizza again for dinner. I am sure I almost alwYs feel bettet during the second trimester, but it feels SO far away.

• Like 2

I've called off all school that involves my direct interaction for most of the week.  Luckily the kids can do all their math and language arts without me, just with the occasional question.

We have that weather where it's about to rain but isn't quite getting there yet.  That always makes my head feel like there's pressure pushing in on it.  Usually benedryl and advil help but it's not doing anything tonight.  In addition to the pressure, I just have a headache.   I'd like to just go to bed or something, but I'm working on a project for my old job that I need to finish by Friday.  I also need to do some mandatory compliance training by Friday for the same employer.   And I'm starting my own business so there's stuff for that.  And our first 4-H meeting of the year is Tuesday so I have to post information on our Facebook group, accept registrations online, and try to figure out what we are going to do.  The first meeting we elect officers, which cuts into our activity time, and I never know how many we're going to have there so I have to find something that won't take long but is still fun and numbers don't matter.

I really have to organize history, science (which we may not need to do at home, I'm going to be teaching classes so I may just stick my kids in those), art, music, and a few other subjects.  

I've been trying to get consistent with our exercise as well.  The plan is for the kids to do TKD three times a week (T, TH, Sat) at times I can do kick-boxing at the same time.  We're doing okay with that.  Today was to be the first day of yoga - 1/2 hour for them, followed by an hour for me.  Ended up not going due to head feeling like its going to explode.  Other days would be swimming - either rec swimming or lap swimming.  We're trying to teach dd to dive and make sure she keeps up her endurance for swim team next year (plus its something different for exercise).  Haven't managed this yet but it only started this week so we're not too far "behind".

• Like 1