Menu

Highly inflammatory post

Moxie

I am pretty sure someone at co-op was wearing a shirt with his business logo lol. I wanted to say something, but I hadn't watched the show in a while. I had an issue with that link but found one. http://www.wideopencountry.com/clint-harp-diy-series/

Scroll down to the video -- Chip makes fun of Joanna saying shiplap all the time HA

I do like Chip and Joanna, though I worry they are overdoing it with all of their side businesses. I also worry about their kids being included on the show, and I worry that they are so busy that their kids may be getting less attention.

But starting businesses has always been their thing, and they have a lot of ideas and now have a lot of money. Evidently Fixer Upper is the most popular HGTV series ever. So I don't begrudge them their success.

I think they are cute. But my daughter looks just like Joanna, so I'm biased. Joanna does roll her eyes at Chip, but to me she seems to appreciate his quirkiness and is not denigrating him. I think he would be hard to live with, and she loves him, so, to me, their dynamic works.

But I understand why others think they are over exposed.

• Like 2

I don't understand the interest in the "style." How it's any different than Pottery Barn, Reno Hardware or Crate and Barrell, I fail to see. Just movong furniture around the room, so to speak.

But what really gets me, is the people I know who used their hard-earned vacay time to go down to the Silos. ??? So many places in the world and things to do...like a local park😂, and they drive 11 hours to go there. To each our own. <shrug>

• Like 1

We don't even have HGTV, and I am over Chip & JoJo - every place I go that has a screen is either CNN, FOXNews, or Fixer Upper. Does HGTV have more than 3 shows?

Chip irritates me. I can't imagine being a mother of 4, running my own business(es), and having to deal with a husband who has the maturity of a middle schooler. He does seem to be a good husband and father, but he really needs to grow up a little.

My mother and I watched the one which they made into their B&B. I loved, loved, loved that house, and they took all of the character and charm out of it. We both were really sad to see what they did to it. 

I don't care what anyone says; I still love Ree (AKA Pioneer Woman).  Oldtimers here remember her fondly as a nice fellow homeschooler here on these boards.  And she wrote Black Heels to Tar Whatever and published it first HERE, a chapter at a time, to wild acclaim.

I don't love her Walmart stuff (just not my taste), but I love that she is doing the well-priced at Walmart thing even though she could easily do the snobby high priced thing.  And she clearly does like high priced stuff--has written passionately about her Kitchen Aid mixer (and given some away) and her ginormous and wildly expensive camera bag/purse (and given some away).  I love the way she photographs stages of her recipes.  I love her prose.  Her pictures of wild horses are breathtaking, and her pictures of cowboys are um nice. 

I have one or two of her cookbooks.  I've tried a couple of her recipes.  The chocolate chip cookies with the instant coffee in them I didn't love, but *as* *cookie* *dough* they are the best ever.  And her cinnamon ice cream with about a million egg yolks in it is quite literally the only ice cream I have ever made in my old Krups that came out as hard as ice cream from the store, and it tastes amazing.

I am not jealous of her.  I'm happy for her.  I'm sure that helps.

Edited by Carol in Cal.
  • Like 2

I've always felt the same way about the Pioneer Woman. Yuck, a million times over. Seemed like she was everywhere. I heard she even has a magazine?

I remember years ago a story about a blogger named Heather who wrote a good story on how the PW treated her and a group of visitors like crap. Classic. Yet still she gets plastered across the media.

Always a way to make a buck. Martha and Rachel Ray did the same.

I can't stand her!  I read her Heels to Farm Fields or whatever it was called when she was putting it on here and remember thinking "oh give me a break!"  over and and over.  And then her show came out.  I can't imagine feeding my kids like that on a regular basis.  It was like Paula Dean and her over butter on and in everything insanity.  I mean I get it, you can cook.  But everything I ever saw her cook seemed so heavy in fats and calories.  Yes home cooked, but it never seemed all that healthy and I can't imagine cooking that way day in and day out.  And saying it's okay because she's feeding "real cowboys/ real men" oh whatever.  And she is everywhere.  Even running on a tv in the BX kitchen section.

I will say I liked her photos.  She should have stuck to that.  

• Like 1

I can't stand her! I read her Heels to Farm Fields or whatever it was called when she was putting it on here and remember thinking "oh give me a break!" over and and over. And then her show came out. I can't imagine feeding my kids like that on a regular basis. It was like Paula Dean and her over butter on and in everything insanity. I mean I get it, you can cook. But everything I ever saw her cook seemed so heavy in fats and calories. Yes home cooked, but it never seemed all that healthy and I can't imagine cooking that way day in and day out. And saying it's okay because she's feeding "real cowboys/ real men" oh whatever. And she is everywhere. Even running on a tv in the BX kitchen section.

I will say I liked her photos. She should have stuck to that.

Yes, an author who uses the phrase "hiney tingles" is not a winner in my book.

• Like 1

:thumbup1:   I'm pretty sure I first googled the Duggars thanks to this board!  I really don't get the fan clubs for basically random normal people and am not a fan of reality TV.  Plus, no cable or satellite. 

I'd love to ditch cable/satellite . . . but not until dh has a dependable way to watch football games . . . . .if he makes a change to our set-up, it's ALWAYS in august.

I don't care what anyone says; I still love Ree (AKA Pioneer Woman). Oldtimers here remember her fondly as a nice fellow homeschooler here on these boards. And she wrote Black Heels to Tar Whatever and published it first HERE, a chapter at a time, to wild acclaim.

I don't love her Walmart stuff (just not my taste), but I love that she is doing the well-priced at Walmart thing even though she could easily do the snobby high priced thing. And she clearly does like high priced stuff--has written passionately about her Kitchen Aid mixer (and given some away) and her ginormous and wildly expensive camera bag/purse (and given some away). I love the way she photographs stages of her recipes. I love her prose. Her pictures of wild horses are breathtaking, and her pictures of cowboys are um nice.

I have one or two of her cookbooks. I've tried a couple of her recipes. The chocolate chip cookies with the instant coffee in them I didn't love, but *as* *cookie* *dough* they are the best ever. And her cinnamon ice cream with about a million egg yolks in it is quite literally the only ice cream I have ever made in my old Krups that came out as hard as ice cream from the store, and it tastes amazing.

I am not jealous of her. I'm happy for her. I'm sure that helps.

I love her, too. I wasn't around when she was on the boards, though.

• Like 1

I watched a season in the background during crafting sessions one summer. Their family looks a lot like mine since youngest is Korean, which is why I took notice of them in the first place. What they did looked very nice and seemed well done, but if you've seen one of their houses you've seen them all. They seemed like pleasant people, but I don't know why some people get so excited about them. Nice people making a house look nice...how nice...

Oh I misunderstood you. I thought you were saying THEIR youngest is Korean. As if she were the only one of their kids that is Korean.

• Like 1