Menu

How Long to Get Accommodations on SAT or ACT?

So how long did it take for you to get approved for accommodations on the ACT or SAT once you started the process - as a homeschooler, without an IEP or 504?

Dd really needs extra time, it seems.  But she needs a new evaluation and the last test date for her for ACT and SAT is December.  Do I have a shot?  The eval could easily take 5 weeks.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

ACT is faster than SAT. However, ACT also doesn't require a current eval. I used an Eval from 4th or 5th grade when I applied for ds's ACT accommodations (and got exactly what I asked for). They care more about a history and pattern of need, rather than just a current eval. I'd start the application process with them immediately. It only took about three weeks for us to get an answer. 

You can start working on the new eval even while you are waiting to hear from the ACT board. The SAT tells you how long it will take, I believe it was 8 weeks. Our experience was that they take that long to the day.