Menu

One more transcripts question ... AP scores.

dirty ethel rackham

My older two had several really good AP scores so I included them in the transcript to help that stand out.  Dd had a bad AP week last May (was sick and refused to stay in bed and take the make up exam.)  So, she has a 5 in US Gov't and Politics from 10th grade and a 5 in Studio Art from last year.  But she got 3's in APUSH and AP Physics 1. 

I am rethinking having this section on the transcript since her scores aren't as stellar.  I will still have her ACT and SAT scores on there (and will have them sent from the testing companies as well.)  What do you think?  Keep or not?

Are you required to report all AP scores?

If not, omit the ones you don't wish to report. I would, however, then also not title the course "xxx course with AP exam".

Thanks for the input.  I think we will send the scores because some schools do give credit for a 3.  Since these classes were taken at the high school, they are listed as AP.  I need for my course name to be the same as theirs.  

There is a section on the student-side of the Common App that asks the kids to list their AP scores, so I would not bother listing them on the transcript, especially since your D was sick when she took the tests last year and those scores will not enhance the transcript.   

Yeah.  That is what I am thinking.  Since those two aren't something to boast about, I don't want to highlight them on the transcript.