What's with the ads?

Photo

One more transcripts question ... AP scores.

3 replies to this topic

What's with the ads?

#1 dirty ethel rackham

dirty ethel rackham

Iris Loamsdown of Deephallow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9484 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 09:53 PM

My older two had several really good AP scores so I included them in the transcript to help that stand out.  Dd had a bad AP week last May (was sick and refused to stay in bed and take the make up exam.)  So, she has a 5 in US Gov't and Politics from 10th grade and a 5 in Studio Art from last year.  But she got 3's in APUSH and AP Physics 1. 

I am rethinking having this section on the transcript since her scores aren't as stellar.  I will still have her ACT and SAT scores on there (and will have them sent from the testing companies as well.)  What do you think?  Keep or not?

#2 regentrude

regentrude

Qualified Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25441 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 06:45 AM

Are you required to report all AP scores?

If not, omit the ones you don't wish to report. I would, however, then also not title the course "xxx course with AP exam".

• MerryAtHope likes this

#3 snowbeltmom

snowbeltmom

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3556 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 06:52 AM

There is a section on the student-side of the Common App that asks the kids to list their AP scores, so I would not bother listing them on the transcript, especially since your D was sick when she took the tests last year and those scores will not enhance the transcript.   

#4 dirty ethel rackham

dirty ethel rackham

Iris Loamsdown of Deephallow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9484 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 06:44 PM

Are you required to report all AP scores?

If not, omit the ones you don't wish to report. I would, however, then also not title the course "xxx course with AP exam".

Thanks for the input.  I think we will send the scores because some schools do give credit for a 3.  Since these classes were taken at the high school, they are listed as AP.  I need for my course name to be the same as theirs.  

There is a section on the student-side of the Common App that asks the kids to list their AP scores, so I would not bother listing them on the transcript, especially since your D was sick when she took the tests last year and those scores will not enhance the transcript.   

Yeah.  That is what I am thinking.  Since those two aren't something to boast about, I don't want to highlight them on the transcript.