Menu

International Girls Book Club

KuniMom

My daughter is continuing her international girls' book club.  I posted about it last year. (I rarely post, but I do read the threads on here often). She and a friend lead this through skype, and have girls from all over the world participate.  I think a few might be here from WTM, but they are all homeschoolers.  If you have a daughter who might be interested in joining, here is the post she just sent out.

The Circle of Sister Book Club, is a, well, book club for girls. We meet 1-2 times a month, having video meetings on Skype about a book we've read, with fun meetings throughout the year. The age range we request is around 13-15 years old. We will be skyping on Fridays, 4:00pm Turkey time. We will be reading 2-4 series.

If you are interested or have questions, please contact circleofsistersbc8@gmail.com.
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/VDS2ZTM
Come to a Trial Meeting On….
September 29th at 4:00pm Turkey Time

They have seven girls signed up right now.  They would love to add a few more girls.  I certainly don't mind answering questions either if you have them.

• Like 3

I will ask dd when she is back from Camp.

Is het okay to share the post with other potential candidates?

And is het just talk about what you already read, or works the group with a list?

DD has several reading lists so it would help to her if she could use just what she has to read anyway

I will ask dd when she is back from Camp.

Is het okay to share the post with other potential candidates?

And is het just talk about what you already read, or works the group with a list?

DD has several reading lists so it would help to her if she could use just what she has to read anyway

Yes, she said it was fine to share!  They will have a book list that they are working from.  The girls voted on them last year and chose these series: Fairy Tale Reform School, Princess Academy, and then a few more that will be decided by the girls this year.  They tried books like Jane Eyre and Pride and Prejudice last year, and they got very bogged down and had a difficult time, so this year they chose a lot easier reads.

Can I pass this along? We are in Turkey and I know a few homeschooled girls that age.

Yes, please pass along!  The girl she leads the book club with lives in Turkey.

Edited by KuniMom

Sounds great!

Coincidentally, my dd is starting an online book club for homeschooling girls aged 10-13 (ish).

At the moment it is just a small group of people we know irl, but happy to have others join too, just pm me if you're interested - though only if you're seriously interested in committing please, it is an invite only private community (so I'll need to suss you out!) The meeting time will be convenient to our time zone (Australian eastern time) probably on a Thursday afternoon.

At this stage we're planning to take about 6 weeks to get through a book, and 'meet' online fortnightly to discuss the section with some questions - starting in September!

I may end up deleting this post, as we want to keep it a nice manageable community...

• Like 1

What a great idea!  How strict are they on the age limit?  I have a young friend (my kids are all grown-up now) that might be interested but she is a mature 12 year old, not 13....

TIA,

She said that was fine!

Thank you for sharing! I'm hoping my dd15 will join. She is a bit shy and unsure about skyping with girls she doesn't know, but said she will consider it.  :)  

She can come to the trial meeting first and check it out!  There were quite a few girls last year that were extremely shy and barely said anything, but they have opened up and are really enjoying it now.

• Like 1