Menu

Floral dress with white background...ok for wedding?

Tap

DD18 will be in Hawaii for a family friend's wedding on the beach.  I am not sure what the bride/groom will be wearing but the groomsmen will be in khaki shorts and white linen shirts.

I bought her this dress, but now I wonder if the white background is ok for a wedding? 

It was hard to find something for her because she is 5'9" and needs something that won't blow up in the wind too easily.  She hates long dresses, so tea-length or maxi style are completely out. She usually goes with mid-thigh length.

She will wear a pair of very soft-sage green sandals. 

I will make sure she has a light-weight tropical color cardigan for the indoor reception later (which I think will make the white less obvious in pictures and a bit more modest too LOL).

Do you think it is ok for a beach wedding?

Sorry for the big pix, I don't know how to make it smaller.

3691577-1-4x.jpg

Edited by Tap
  • Like 1

It's perfect and beautiful. And not at all inappropriate. If she feels jumpy about it she can throw a "shawl" with darker colors around her.

And tell her to wear or carry flip flops for any beach portion. The shoes with heels are insane in sand.

It's perfect and beautiful. And not at all inappropriate. If she feels jumpy about it she can throw a "shawl" with darker colors around her.

And tell her to wear or carry flip flops for any beach portion. The shoes with heels are insane in sand.

These are the sandals she is most likely wearing.  We have a couple more pair coming in the mail this week, but these are the current plan.

These are the sandals she is most likely wearing. We have a couple more pair coming in the mail this week, but these are the current plan.

Cute! Tell her that if the sand that gets in the sole bugs her to take them off during the beach portion. I alway leave my sandals at the grass and go barefoot. So do most wedding goers I see.

I hope she has a wonderful time. She's going to look great!!!

Cute! Tell her that if the sand that gets in the sole bugs her to take them off during the beach portion. I alway leave my sandals at the grass and go barefoot. So do most wedding goers I see.

I hope she has a wonderful time. She's going to look great!!!

She has one pair of flip flop style coming in the mail  which will be easier to take on/off at will. It is hard to find flip flop style with no heal, that look a bit dressy.  These sandals look great on her, and with the dress but are something she won't likely wear again unless it is at a similar event LOL.  We live in the PNW and she is a Birkenstock girl.  Unfortunately, the thick sole and buckles of birks are just a bit too casual.  lol 

She has one pair of flip flop style coming in the mail which will be easier to take on/off at will. It is hard to find flip flop style with no heal, that look a bit dressy. These sandals look great on her, and with the dress but are something she won't likely wear again unless it is at a similar event LOL. We live in the PNW and she is a Birkenstock girl. Unfortunately, the thick sole and buckles of birks are just a bit too casual. lol

I get it!!

We live in the pnw too!

When she is in Hawaii she will get the vibe. Just tell her it is ok to doff the shoes in the sand and either carry them or pick them up on the way back. If I had your email addy, I would send you a pic I caught last December of the BRIDE without shoes once she hit the sand. :0)

Thanks for the advice!  I will stop overthinking it. LOL  

I was so happy with the dress, until the 'don't wear white to a wedding' thought passed through my head. You all are the best for avoiding faux pas! I'm a bit of a dunce when it comes to all the etiquette rules.

Hopefully, I can find a super light weight cardigan and we will be done!   She has a chronic health issue, so temperature swings are hard for her.  So many restaurants seem to get a bit chilly with the AC so we want to make sure she has a layer if she needs it.

• Like 1