Menu

Looking for Latin recommendations

lactansdea

Hello hive....

We are starting Latin this year, with my 11 and 15 year olds. I was going to go with Visual Latin because I do like the hands off approach! However, I do prefer classical pronunciation. 

Is there something I could teach daily in 5-10 minutes at morning time that would be a good intro to Latin for two absolute beginners? (I took Latin in highschool and have a facility for languages, but I'd rather have something that is more open and go....without too much self teaching.) Is this a unicorn or is there anything that would fit?

Thanks in advance!

You should have a look at Latin Alive! by Classical Academic Press: https://classicalacademicpress.com/series/latin-alive/

It uses classical pronunciation and can be done very independently. If you poke around the "support" section of each set you can find a comparison to Wheelock and there are comparisons with Memoria Press' products and Henle in the FAQs.

There are 3 levels and an advanced reader that functions as a fourth year of study.