Menu

If you painted your walls white

38carrots

Benjamin Moore's Simply White is a nice, clean, bright white that's warm without being yellow. I use it for trim, but it's also really popular for walls when people want a really clean straightforward white with no blue undertones.

My favorite whites for walls are BM's Cloud White and China White. Cloud is lighter than China, and China is more of an off-white, but they're both warm without being yellow. China White isn't as off-white as, say, Navajo White or Swiss Coffee; it still reads as white against wood trim but looks like a rich warm off-white with bright white trim. My house is pretty dark so I did most of the walls in China White with Simply White trim, which looks light and bright but still has enough contrast between the walls and trim.

FWIW, I found that Cloud White was a really good match for the warm white of Ikea's Billy bookcases and related furniture (desktops, filing cabinets).

• Like 4

I chose a very pale cream, leaning toward yellow, but most certainly NOT a very very pale yellow. No one would look at our walls and see them as anything but white. You can not notice the yellow tinting unless other whites are next to it.

I saw whites that were tinted grey, blue, green, pink, etc. I was very clear that I wanted a warm, yellow tinted white. I'm very happy with the color we chose.

• Like 1

I've been doing nothing but looking at paint colors for months since we bought a new home.

Benjamin Moore linen white is in my hallway and bathrooms. The previous owners put it up and I like it. It's creamy, but not yellow. I'm keeping it in one bathroom and the hallway. The took it down to the trim.

My friend swears that BM mayonnaise is the best white ever.

I put BM designer white on our bedroom trim and closets and it's super white. It looks great as trim but I would not paint a whole wall with it.

• Like 1