Menu

I hit my head...

tdbates78

I need advice. On Friday I managed to hit my head pretty hard on the (rounded) corner of our fireplace mantel. I hit the right side on the upper portion of my temple and above it. It hurt, but I got over it and kinda forgot about it. Yesterday I woke up and it ached. I had a headache, off-and-on, since it happened. Its a bit numb and weird feeling when I touch it, but does not appear swollen. Today I woke up feeling a little better but made the stupid mistake of going to Carowinds, an amusement park, with DH and my girls. Now I feel crappy again.

I'm not one to make a big deal of things and tend to brush these things off but I admit I'm a bit concerned. I get a little vertigo but otherwise I don't really feel dizzy, lightheaded or out of it. I just feel "off" if that makes sense. I'm thinking maybe it was a minor concussion? Trying to decide if it warrants a trip to my doctor.

Thanks for reading!

Edited by tdbates78

If you have headache, vertigo and feel "off" two days after hitting your head, that warrants a trip to the doctor. 

I would not consider this an emergency worth going to the ER, but would go tomorrow to my regular practicioner or, if that is not possible, urgent care .

Edited by regentrude
  • Like 8

Well if you get it checked, you'll make sure there's nothing more going on AND you'll get your permission slip that tells your family to give you rest and time to recuperate. I would definitely get it checked, just to be sure. And I'd probably do it at Urgent Care, because they'd have machines right there to do any tests they needed.

• Like 3

Thanks for the responses. I have an appt to see a Dr this morning. My primary GP is not in so I'm seeing a different Dr in their practice that also happens to specialize in concussions. I still feel off, my head feels heavy (if that makes sense) and have some slight nausea. DH took my girls for the day to travel a few hours away to see the eclipse so I get the day to myself to rest.

• Like 2

Thank you for checking on me Selkie! Its been a whirlwind week. I went to Dr and do have a concussion. Was supposed to be resting but my paternal grandmother passed away the same day I saw the Dr and we had to leave the next day for our trip cross country to make the visitation and funeral.

Feeling much better now. Trying to take it easy and I'm hoping my girls will cut me a break during homeschool this week so I can get much-needed rest afterwards.

• Like 9

Thank you for checking on me Selkie! Its been a whirlwind week. I went to Dr and do have a concussion. Was supposed to be resting but my paternal grandmother passed away the same day I saw the Dr and we had to leave the next day for our trip cross country to make the visitation and funeral.

Feeling much better now. Trying to take it easy and I'm hoping my girls will cut me a break during homeschool this week so I can get much-needed rest afterwards.

Oh wow, what a rough week you've had! I'm so sorry about your grandmother.  :grouphug:

• Like 1