Menu

Preschool Journal ?

We keep a long-book for science.  It started when he was 4 or 5, he would draw a picture for nature study and I'd write down his oral narration on the back and date it.  Same book for K and 1st, and now 2nd.  Each year gets a handful of drawings/diagrams and he writes what he is able.

I'm not sure I would have kept a journal for pre-k, but doing a long term book that progresses with him worked well for us.

• Like 1

We are using one of those notebooks with the space for a picture with our school. I have a 5 and 3 year old. It's not something I intend to use every day as a journal. But for drawing while I'm reading aloud or for nature walks. Or just little bits and pieces of our school concepts I'd like to reinforce. I'm not pushing the writing much yet, but they can dictate and I can write. It's more for the drawing.

I love that they could have something at the end of the year to mark what they've learned all in one place.