Menu

Ruptured Achilles Tendon

MommyLiberty5013

My dear friend's boyfriend ruptured his Achilles tendon yesterday playing tennis. His insurance wants to wait 16 days before surgery. He's in a boot now.

Is waiting that long normal? Something about swelling going down.

I'm not sure if she needs to push him (he's kinda blasé even on important matters) to push the doctor/insurance.

Ooo - that's a rough injury. Your friends can certainly press the doctor, but it really may need two weeks to get the swelling down.

I like to tell people about tends rupture risk tied to certain antibiotics - if you have any of these symptoms, call you doctor immediately. A tendon rupture can be devastating!

http://www.webmd.com/osteoarthritis/news/20080708/fda-warning-cipro-may-rupture-tendons

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I just think "ouch" when I read the title of this.

I know that when I broke my nose, the ENT didn't even want to see me for a week for the swelling to go down.  So I'm guessing this is not at all unusual.

Hope he heals quickly and without complications.

Ooo - that's a rough injury. Your friends can certainly press the doctor, but it really may need two weeks to get the swelling down.

I like to tell people about tends rupture risk tied to certain antibiotics - if you have any of these symptoms, call you doctor immediately. A tendon rupture can be devastating!

http://www.webmd.com/osteoarthritis/news/20080708/fda-warning-cipro-may-rupture-tendons

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

OMG, Ds had Cipro, and this was never mentioned. Thank you for the info.

OP, I hope the young man heals in good time.