Menu

Bathroom Backsplash

JIN MOUSA

Any uncommon ideas for what to do instead of the 4"-ish piece that comes with the vanity? 

Specifically, this one http://www.homedepot.com/p/Wyndham-Collection-Hatton-72-in-Double-Vanity-in-Dark-Chestnut-with-Marble-Vanity-Top-in-Carrara-White-and-Oval-Sinks-WCV161672DCDCMUNRMXX/204861049

I'm really not a fan of that extra bit of marble at the back, and the overall look of it is going to be more furniture-ish than "installed" vanity, if that even makes sense. Tiling that whole wall would be cool, but is really not an option, due to cost. 

The best I've come up with so far is to use exterior paint on the wall and then silicone caulk at the back of the vanity top against the wall. 

Any other ideas???

For our kid's bathroom, we're doing a 4" strip of tile of the decorative tile that is in their shower.  

How are you finishing off the edges? Or is the decorative tile a bullnose?

I've considered that, but the decorative tile we've chosen is a glass mosaic, which I really like. But I think the problem is that visually, I want nothing. I want it to be super clean and simple, and the mirrors and lights and faucets and vanity are all working towards that. I'm having a hard time seeing how adding anything, especially a glass mosaic and some kind of edging, are going to visually work with what I want.

Maybe a better question is if anyone knows of an invisible backsplash???