Menu

Fun family literature study

KeriJ

I just thought I'd share an accidental literature study we ended up with.  First, I have to highly recommend Elizabeth Enright books as family read-alouds.  We're working our way through the Melendy series and have thoroughly enjoyed it. We are faithful with read-alouds and have covered hundreds of classic books together, but these have become some of our all time favorites...my 14 year old down to my 5 year old. 

We've also started going through Figuratively Speaking informally as one of our family subjects.  We just read the definition and some of the examples.  Elizabeth Enright has been an excellent author to further demonstrate all of the figurative language we've learned.  It has really fit together perfectly, because we constantly find examples of interesting literary techniques in her writing.  (it's mostly 14 year old dd and I who are fascinated by it)

It's one of those things that I didn't plan that just worked out naturally.  So I thought I'd share in case someone is looking for an informal way to study some literary elements...and to just enjoy some fun books. :)

• Like 4