Menu

Paging Dr. Hive, help with ideas to research

melmichigan

DD is fourteen and about a year ago she started getting more sensitive to temperatures, she was hot, when everyone else was cold.  We didn't think much of it at the time.  Over the last year this has progressed and to swelling, redness, and burning pain in her feet and hands if she is in the warmer temperatures or has any physical activity, even a slow walk.  We started thinking erythromylalgia based on my own reading and started antihistamines.  Her physician ran blood work for lupus, and blood panels and nothing stood out.  She had to start wearing long sleeves, pants, and carrying a parasol to block the sun because she would start to itch or break out in a rash, and then have burning pain where she has been in the sunlight.  In the last few days she now struggles with really warm showers, or even washing her hands in warm water.  Her physician is scheduling for her to see a neurologist, although I'm not sure what they could do beyond treating the neuropathy portion of her pain.  Does this sound like anything anyone has heard of or experienced?  We are getting desperate for a diagnosis so that something can be done to make this more manageable for her. 

Please don't quote, this a lot of personal medical information that I will come back and delete.  TIA!

I'd recommend getting a rheumatology referral and appointment too.

Adding it to my list.  My rheumatologist just moved away, so I'll have to research where we can go.  Right now the neurologist at U of M that I see is doing more in that area than my rheumatologist every did.

Edited by melmichigan
  • Like 1