Menu

Charlotte Mason Picture Study Portfolios for a co-op class?

I've been eyeing the Charlotte Mason Picture Study Portfolios for years now, but haven't had room in our schedule to work them in. I'm thus thinking about doing them as a co-op class next spring. (I was thinking of maybe studying one artist per class?) I've never actually used these portfolios, though, so thought I'd get feedback about using them in a co-op setting. Any reason they wouldn't work? Any other opinions on the portfolios? Thanks for any feedback!

(Edited to add the link.)

Edited by EKT

I did this as part of a CM coop for kids ranging in age from 6-12.

Basically, I would read aloud part of a biography every week. The kids would narrate (we did this in many different ways). Then we'rd look at a picture and do a CM-style picture study.

Sometimes the kids would then narrate the pictures orally, by sketching, or by reenacting them (that was a lot of fun). Then they took them home. I also gave moms ideas of further reading if they so desired.

I guess this wouldn't be a full on co-op class, as it was only 20 min every other week. It was really open and go. Some moms did a lot at home, others didn't. At the end of the year we went to the art museum and looked for some works by the artist (we chose artists whose work was displayed locally - a benefit of living in a big city).

Emily

• Like 1