Menu

Where to buy girls dresses that come to the knees?

Just Kate

Dd (age 10) goes to a Christian school where they can wear pants and jeans (which is great!), but all dresses and skirts must come to the knees. Dd wears size 12-14 and we usually shop at either Justice or stores like Marshalls/TJ Maxx. Any thoughts on stores that would have cute, longer dresses?

I had better luck with thrift stores and longer skirts instead of dresses.  DD is very tall (like her mama!) and it was difficult.  I have to say that I became very annoyed at the whole "horrified over knees being exposed" thing. Way overblown and out of date. Especially when most of those people were perfectly fine in other areas wearing shorts that were shorter than anything my own family would wear. But somehow just above the knee dresses are scandalous?  I'm not in favor of super-short, but just above the knee is appropriate for most things in my opinion.  Sorry, rant over!

• Like 1

We had the same thing year before last. I found Hanna Andersson and Mini Boden to be the best quality with ample dresses meeting that category. Our Christian school went a step further and they couldn't be sleeveless so both of the above sold short sleeve dresses as well (or I put LS tees underneath).