Menu

Accountability Thread: 8/13-8/19

I am starting my fall quarter by taking a week off from school. Best plan ever. :001_smile:

Today's schedule:

DH grocery shopping

Editing

Maybe some housekeeping, but it's raining, and that's good napping weather.

We are a little low on grocery staples this morning due to end of the week, grocery day. Foraging skills don't appear to be in good shape this morning among the hungry. Add to fall quarter list--improve survival skills among offspring.

• Like 2

We are running late on our departure! Should have been ready to leave Tues. morning, but we had lots of interruptions and I always underestimate how long it takes to pack the car for a trip like this. (hint: forever).

New plan is to leave Weds. morning so tomorrow's schedule is

Pack 

Clean

Pack

Eat

Laundry

Pack

Hang out with DH a little bit

DS had his first class at Athena's today!  Super exciting :)  I'm so pleased with it all so far. This is a perfect experience for him. 

• Like 2

Morning :) Just checking in because I don't want you to be alone, Critter.

We listened to 1/2 of SOtW Ancients today. I only brought 1 & 2 on this trip and now I'm regretting it. We could have covered the 4 year history cycle this week hehe. It's ok I have Hakim and a bunch of science books on audio. Navigational error whole I was napping resulted in 18 hour drive day. 13+ tomorrow. I'm slightly questioning my sanity...

• Like 2

Good morning. I'm yawning. I slept late this morning because of a late day yesterday. Sounds like your trip is turning into an adventure, CadenceSophia.

Today's schedule:

Chores

Art

Editing

Housekeeping

Planning

Cooking

Not in that order.

• Like 1

Hi,

We aren't formally schooling this year. DD4 and would rather play.

Today:

Read Alouds in the morning. Can't remember all I read but one was Bedtime math book, daughters request.

She listens to audiobooks when painting.

Visit to pet store so daughter can look at the animals and hold the birds.

YouTube science shows. She loves those.

DD and I went for a walk.

Playing with new clay and molding her toys into other things while watching Octonauts.

She read a Bob book and spelled red and bed. Went over the "aw" and "ow" sounds. Identified a couple of numbers off cards.

Bedtime will be at least 1 hr of read alouds and cuddles.

Edited by Mommyof1
  • Like 2

Well. I feel woefully unprepared for the start of the school year. I remind myself that last year at this time I was in the midst of moving back to the USA from Europe and that this should be easy peasy in comparison. Ugh.

I have all the books and curriculum, that is not the problem. I think that everything the kiddo needs to do for 11th grade is overwhelming ME.

Eldest has already started his semester, Middle starts grad school next week. Neither of which really involve me very much but I am a back-to-school nerd :tongue_smilie: I want to hear about their classes.

Edited by Penguin
  • Like 2

Penguin--my current stack of books for eighth grade is still mocking me. I've got to get on the ball with the planning for fall. Realistically, I still have a few things to finish from summer, and we are just doing "the next thing" in Math and Latin, and I've already figured out what writing, but I haven't written any of it down formally. Got to do that today!

Schedule:

Chores 

Editing

Housekeeping

Planning

No cooking today!