Menu

Color printing

Where do you have color printing done? I've heard there are websites that print color pretty cheap but I haven't seen them. I normally just print everything on our black and white laser but I have a workbook I need printed where the color actually matters.

I bought a brother inkjet for color. I have a laser black and white.  I have printed tons of color pages(about 1000) this month on it.  I use the ink from Amazon(generic).  The printer was under $100 and I have spent maybe $10-15 in ink this school year to prep.  It have auto duplex(that is a MUST).  It's a little slower than my laser, but for the cost, it has been terrific. 

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/274381/Brother-Wireless-Color-Inkjet-All-In/

Wow!  It's $60 on sale right now.

• Like 1

My husband's office uses HP color laserjets which does scan and print in duplex. We are considering getting one since our kids outsourced classes will have more scanning and printing this academic year. I have not have any luck with long term use of generic ink for Canon, Brother and HP so I budget printing costs by assuming I have to pay premium for name brand refills.

I bought a brother inkjet for color. I have a laser black and white. I have printed tons of color pages(about 1000) this month on it. I use the ink from Amazon(generic).

My Brother inkjet won't take generic ink after a firmware update that wasn't even recent. It has been a white elephant for almost a year. Looks like the same model. My husband picked that because it was cheap at $60, has duplex and we used it for scanning sometimes. It was also very slow and I am not patient when I need a printout. My nearby library has faster wifi enabled printers if I am willing to pay and can't wait.

My husband's office uses HP color laserjets which does scan and print in duplex. We are considering getting one since our kids outsourced classes will have more scanning and printing this academic year. I have not have any luck with long term use of generic ink for Canon, Brother and HP so I budget printing costs by assuming I have to pay premium for name brand refills.

My Brother inkjet won't take generic ink after a firmware update that wasn't even recent. It has been a white elephant for almost a year. Looks like the same model. My husband picked that because it was cheap at $60, has duplex and we used it for scanning sometimes. It was also very slow and I am not patient when I need a printout. My nearby library has faster wifi enabled printers if I am willing to pay and can't wait.

Hm.  I've had mine for a year now.  I have only used generic refills.(on all my machines) for the last 5 years or so.  No real problems. Sorry you have issues.  I guess I just got lucky!

It can be VERY slow if not on the right settings like "normal" paper instead of "best".  Found that out the hard way!

Hm. I've had mine for a year now. I have only used generic refills.(on all my machines) for the last 5 years or so. No real problems. Sorry you have issues. I guess I just got lucky!

My husband buys the cheapest generics he can find on Amazon which makes it hard for the printer to read the ink level on the inkjet refills. I had used name brand generics without issues other than a small leak now and then.

Ironically I had worked in HP's and in Fuji Xerox business color laser printers divisions. Refills are good revenue streams for them.

My husband buys the cheapest generics he can find on Amazon which makes it hard for the printer to read the ink level on the inkjet refills. I had used name brand generics without issues other than a small leak now and then.

Ironically I had worked in HP's and in Fuji Xerox business color laser printers divisions. Refills are good revenue streams for them.

I have had great luck with this ink.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01I2XN2CY/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 1