Menu

Wow, Amazon win!

Night Elf

I bought a pair of eclipse glasses before I knew there were safety factors. When I learned about them, I told dd to throw them away. They were less than $10 and I didn't want the hassle of returning them. 

I just got an email from Amazon saying those particular glasses were not certified and they were crediting my account for the purchase price and not to return the product.

Yay!

• Like 16

It makes me sick that people would knowingly manufacture and sell eclipse glasses that they know won't be effective. Most people probably have no idea that the glasses should be certified.

I'm glad Amazon is doing the right thing. I can only imagine how many pairs of those glasses must have been sold. It's scary to think of people potentially suffering permanent damage because their glasses weren't made properly. :(

• Like 1

Same here. I did also get the small solar binoculars ($30), so we have something to pass around.

I just spent over $100 on a telescope and hope it will arrive in time.

I have had everything planned out for 6 months and poof, I am out of town, no where near the eclipe zone, and scrabbling desperately to find something.

I'm glad Amazon did that.

If anyone is still looking for glasses, I got some at Walmart yesterday that are on the safe list (Eclipser brand). They're only $1.00 per pair.

I wish I had time to find some. Out of town for a double funeral and desperately trying to find something. Everything near me has been selling out as fast as stick arrives.

I'm glad Amazon did that.

If anyone is still looking for glasses, I got some at Walmart yesterday that are on the safe list (Eclipser brand). They're only $1.00 per pair.

What part of the store were they in? Everything on Amazon is at least $10 per pair. My sister saw some in Kroger, but the one near me doesn't have any.

What part of the store were they in? Everything on Amazon is at least $10 per pair. My sister saw some in Kroger, but the one near me doesn't have any.

At the Walmart near us, there is a rack of them up near the front of the store by the checkout lanes. I hope you're able to find them! We're in the 90% totality band and I was afraid they'd be sold out, but there were lots of pairs left.

I went downstairs to tell DH about this since we are members of the Von Brown Astronomical Society here and he is making safety cover to put on our binoculars. ( We also have a solar telescope but we can trade places.) He is also going to be bringing extra disposable glasses he has to the place we will be at so he can give some to people who don't have any. He pointed out how good and certified that lens sheet that he got.  There definitely are good ones out there but shysters always out for a buck make me really mad when it affects health this way.

A double funeral? That's terrible! :( I'm so sorry. :grouphug:

Thanks. It has been one of those trips. I planned some fun and not happening. There is a place within a few hours of the funerals that I have been wanting trying to get to for almost two years. I am 14 hours from home and I know that with the insanity that life is throwing at me I will not make it back.

• Like 1