What's with the ads?

#1 Elizabeth86

Elizabeth86

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 08:19 PM

So, luckily I am not feeling unbearably sick or having food aversions, but I am TIRED and Im just not thrilled about meals right now. So give me your best breakfast, lunch, snacks dinners or whatever. Just really the easiest ideas to see me through until I get my energy back.

#2 MotherGoose

MotherGoose

Hive Mind Level 4 Worker: Builder Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2488 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 08:32 PM

Pasta with butter was my go to for me. Serve with marinara and salad for the non queasies?

#3 ScoutTN

ScoutTN

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7546 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 08:33 PM

Mac and cheese. I lived on that and potatoes with dd. Acupunture is fabulous for pg nausea. Helped me so much.

#4 Seasider

Seasider

anchored

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8719 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 09:00 PM

Oatmeal. Add a little ginger for the nausea.

#5 bodiesmom

bodiesmom

3 kiddos, 2 labs, and a hubby in a pear tree

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 10:03 PM

Cream of Wheat got me through all three first trimesters. 😎
  • Another Lynn and shawthorne44 like this

#6 MercyA

MercyA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5627 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 10:54 PM

For yourself or your family? Homemade Egg McMuffins and pizza got me through my 23-hours-a-day nausea.

• wapiti and shawthorne44 like this

#7 Guinevere

Guinevere

Hive Mind Royal Larvae

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 10:59 PM

Peanut Butter and Jelly

Ice Cream (any ideas how I gained 50+ pounds each time, lol)

Frozen berries used in water like ice cubes, and eaten throughout the day

Ritz crackers and cheese dip

Something in the crockpot, but it has to go in the garage to cook all day because I can't stand to smell it.  

#8 Guinevere

Guinevere

Hive Mind Royal Larvae

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 11:00 PM

There's a cookbook called "Fix It and Forget It".  It uses only 5 ingredients, and your crockpot.  Lots of recipes that are really fast and easy to throw together.  

• CES2005 likes this

#9 Stibalfamily

Stibalfamily

Hive Mind Level 2 Worker: Nurse Bee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 11:04 PM

I ate a lot of fresh juicy fruit that had been refrigerated and lots of vegetables and toast. Baked potatoes and rice were great too. 

#10 MommyLiberty5013

MommyLiberty5013

Don't Let the Lipstick Fool You

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 12:24 AM

1st trimester for DC4 was the worst ever. I could hardly eat anything...nothing sounded good. And I puked a lot. That's when I began eating Wendy's chili. ???? I have no idea why, but it was the only thing I could stomach and I NEVER eat that, never before, never since.

So weird.

#11 medawyn

medawyn

Hive Mind Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1066 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 05:58 AM

We'll, it's a wonder my kids haven't come out orange, because Kraft mac n cheese is about the only thing I can stomach in the first 16 weeks. We'll just have to see about this one.

Of course, none of said children will EAT that mac n cheese, which would make life easier.

What I've fed my family this time around:

cereal
Bagels and cream cheese
Sandwiches of any kind
Anything I can get DH to grill plus easy sides like baked potato
Pizza delivery
Take out
Pasta - with butter or jarred sauce and precooked sausages

I'm normally an "every thing from scratch" cook, but I've gone for convenience without guilt this time. My kids can't really help in the kitchen (the oldest is 4), and DH travels frequently. It's been a little more expensive and a lot less healthy, but I'm starting to feel so much better (16 weeks on Monday). I was even able to meal plan easy food last week, and everything got made!

If I had a history of being sick or extreme exhaustion all 40 weeks, I might have approached it differently, but I've just decided that it's a few, short months, and the kids will survive if dinner is yogurt, fruit, granola, and popsicles (um, last night).

For me, I know I'll pretty much lose the will to do anything around 36 weeks, but I'll have decent energy between 20 and 36 weeks, so I can stock the freezer for that last month of pregnancy and the first few newborn weeks.

Basically embrace the fact that it's summer; fresh fruit, some baby carrots and deli meat or hummus can totally be a meal.

Edited by medawyn, 12 August 2017 - 05:58 AM.

#12 Melissa in Australia

Melissa in Australia

Amateur at everything

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11420 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 06:44 AM

Dry crackers. Dh always commented how I hardly ever buy dry crackers except when I am pregnant, then the cupboards were full of them.

#13 AnnE-girl

AnnE-girl

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1458 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:40 AM

I ate far too many McDonald's chicken nuggets and fries during the first trimester. Flavored instant oatmeal usually didn't turn my stomach either. I can't even look at vegetables from about 6-12 weeks.

Edited by AnnE-girl, 12 August 2017 - 07:40 AM.

#14 Garga

Garga

Amateur Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10050 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:47 AM

I ate a lot of elbow macaroni with a can of cream of chicken soup on it, like a boring mini-casserole.

Pasta was what seemed to help the nausea the most for me.

#15 Danae

Danae

Just Visiting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 09:22 AM

Instant mashed potatoes.

Edit: I was a total potato snob before I got pregnant, I never used potato flakes. First trimester changed that. Pull a packet out of the cupboard, boil water in the microwave, and have a tummy-warming bland comfort food in 3 minutes.

Edited by Danae, 12 August 2017 - 09:25 AM.

#16 wapiti

wapiti

Apprentice Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11684 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 09:36 AM

Thinking out loud, besides protein (obvious), I suggest sources of electrolytes/salt and probably fats.  I suspect those may be behind the common McDonald's craving.  (McDonald's was never so tasty as when I was pregnant...)

• Seasider likes this

#17 Seasider

Seasider

anchored

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8719 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 03:23 PM

Instant mashed potatoes.

Edit: I was a total potato snob before I got pregnant, I never used potato flakes. First trimester changed that. Pull a packet out of the cupboard, boil water in the microwave, and have a tummy-warming bland comfort food in 3 minutes.

The frozen mashed potatoes from Trader Joe's aren't bad and totally easy to heat in small portions as needed.