Menu

Preferences in Print Curriculum Layout

Just a really quick quesion:

When using a purchased curriculum guide, do you prefer for all pages to be contained in one book, with all the pages needed for each week together in that week's section?

Or do you prefer for directions for activities, instructions for labs, printable pages, etc. to be included in the back of this book or in its own file?

For example, I currently working on a science and nature study guide for Year One. This guide includes lessons, object lessons, activity instructions, some printable pages (for labeling insects, etc.). I can't decide if it would be more convenient for the teacher to have everything needed for that week in one section of the book (so the lessons and the extras for week 26 all together in the section for week 26) or if it would be better to keep the lessons in one part and the extras either in the back or in a separate file.

I would really love your thoughts! :)

If you're talking about a PDF curriculum, I prefer all one file, with anything that needs to be printed all together. So the lesson and activity instructions for a week would all be together, and any worksheets, coloring pages, etc that need to be printed would be together by week at the end of the file. The lessons would then refer to the page numbers of what I need to print for that week. That way there is only one file to keep track of and it's easy enough to print everything at once or just a week at a time. 

For a physical resource (a printed book) that has nothing that needs to be printed/copied/torn out, I prefer it all together in the same section of the book.

• Like 1

My personal preference is actually to have these things in two different books. So I would like the "separate file" option. But it sounds like I may be in the minority. (I don't have a printer so I have to either buy printed books or print files out all in one go, and I do like those "extras" to be separate from the lesson itself.)