Menu

Please pray!!!!

MaryMak07

I've had a complicated pregnancy (anxiety, and anxiety related blood pressure isssues)

I'm currently 41 weeks and 4 days in the hospital for induction and nothing is working. Baby is super high (-3), I'm only 50% effaced and 2cm dilated.

We've done two rounds of cytotec to ripen cervix and it's done nothing. Im feeling discouraged and worrying this might end in a csection. I'm also concerned about a "bad labor" leading to more anxiety/postpartum issues.

Please pray for a health mom (mentally and physically) and healthy baby. And for baby to come sooner rather than later!

• Like 1

I'm so sorry. Praying for you and baby.

I had a traumatic birth with my first, but I had a c-section with my second, and it was wonderful. I know that's weird to say, but after my experience with my 1st, the c-section went so smoothly for me and baby.

Whatever happens, I pray that you will feel the nearness of God all around you and baby.

• Like 1

Is there a reason you're worried about it being a c-section? Not knowing your history, I'll assume, for now, you've never had one.

Take it from me, it is easier recovery if you have one without going through labor first. Going through labor first just wears you out.

I'm pretty sure with my first, with whom I was induced and in labor first but wound up being a c-section, that I was "in a fog" for about the first 5 or 6

months of her life outside the womb! My son was a planned c-section, and while I was still tired (understandably), I didn't have the permeating fog.

I had pre-eclampsia both times. Do yourself and your body a favor and schedule the c-section. It will be one LESS thing to worry about.

• Like 3

Praying! So glad you are in good hands -- blood pressure problems are nothing to mess around with during pregnancy.

I hope your LO has decided to appear, but I can assure you that a c-section might not be too horrible. My sixth was a very emergency c-section, and the recovery has been a lot better than I anticipated.

Is there a reason you're worried about it being a c-section? Not knowing your history, I'll assume, for now, you've never had one.

Take it from me, it is easier recovery if you have one without going through labor first. Going through labor first just wears you out.

I'm pretty sure with my first, with whom I was induced and in labor first but wound up being a c-section, that I was "in a fog" for about the first 5 or 6

months of her life outside the womb! My son was a planned c-section, and while I was still tired (understandably), I didn't have the permeating fog.

I had pre-eclampsia both times. Do yourself and your body a favor and schedule the c-section. It will be one LESS thing to worry about.

I had a very similar experience. I labored twice before c-sections. I was anemic after both and recovery was long. Still, it was manageable. I scheduled my third c-section. It made a huge difference in how I felt afterward. So much better. I agree--not as much fog. It's still a recovery that takes some time, but don't be afraid to schedule a c section if it's an option. I had a lot of anxiety during pregnancy, too. 

I will pray for you right  now!

• Like 1

Prayers for you.

My boys were a labor and c-section. It was tough because of the labor exhaustion and recovery, not the c-section part of the recovery for me. It's really not the worst thing if that is how you get to hold that baby. I hope and pray, though, all is coming together smoothly. 

Edited by sbgrace
  • Like 1

HOORAY!!!!!! So glad that your little guy is here!!!! Please post pics when you have a chance (some of us are currently baby deprived and waiting and waiting for grandchildren. LOL. ...it comes  quicker than you think!). Congrats again. So glad your baby is in your arms.