Menu

Remember when I said I was going to use the PS LA curriculum?

Yeah.  I planned it out, made a spreadsheet, divided the work up by weeks...

And after opening it while sitting at the teaching table aka dining table, ready to start a lesson...  I just couldn't do it.  I have such a visceral reaction to this book that I just can't teach from it.  It's not a complete loss, I am going to use the reading passages inside it which can be done independantly and some of the writing exercises which line up well with our mandatory standardized testing.  But the LA sections?  Just not going to happen.  So, so, so boring and piecemeal and I am just so big picture and get-it-done...  

I dug around in my bookshelves and found some other books I've had forever and I'm going to use those.  I love shopping in my own shelves, so much cheaper...  

There, glad I got that off my chest!  

• Like 8

I am laughing imaging the visceral reaction as you attempted to venture forth into the world of public school textbooks...

It is good to occasionally be reminded of what you're not missing.

I'm not even kidding, either!  My mental block was so big I would have had to pole vault it, and I'm really more of a distance runner...  

I just kept thinking, "Why are there so many words to explain so little content???"  

Actually, I was thinking, "This book is STUPID."  but I try not to use that word...  

• Like 4