Menu

If I dislike JAG, will l dislike AG too?

I really want to drop Analytical Grammar (AG) in favor of the Grammar for the Well Trained Mind. I don't like Junior Analytical Grammar (JAG). We need spiral. This has very very little instruction in it compared to what I am used to with FLL 1-4.  Am I wrong to think AG is going to be more of the same we are experiencing with JAG?

I already bought AG but I just don't think it will go well if it is just like JAG. I just flipped through and to me it looks the same.

TIA.

Edited by cintinative

I've never used JAG, but if we hadn't done FLL we wouldn't have made it through AG with its minimal explanations. It sounds like AG is not for you.

I wish the WTM logic-stage grammar were already out (I'm sure WTM does too.) I was ready to ditch season 2 of AG and switch over with my olders. Now I guess I'll just wait and use it with younger dd.

• Like 1

FYI melmichigan  I also sent them an email today and they replied with this:

--It won't be on pre-order on our site, just Amazon. We will make it available for sale when we have the books, which should be at the tail end of September.
--Yes, downloadable versions of both the instructor and student books will be available for purchase on our website starting 2-3 weeks from now.
--You may use/reproduce the workbook for as many students in your own family as you need to, for no charge. But not outside your family.
--I apologize for the lack of information. We wanted to have everything ready and be sure the books were in production before we got people's hopes up. An email will be going out today to our mailing list with more info, and a link to the first 6 weeks for free (instructor book, student book, and answer key). I will send a copy of that email to you in a moment. In the coming weeks we will also be posting videos in which Susan Wise Bauer explains more of how the program works.

• Like 1

How can I ensure I get a copy of the digital sample?  I went on the welltrainedmind.com website but couldn't find any info.  I pretty sure I'm registered and should be receiving emails.  Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks.

Lily

• Like 1

How can I ensure I get a copy of the digital sample?  I went on the welltrainedmind.com website but couldn't find any info.  I pretty sure I'm registered and should be receiving emails.  Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks.

Lily

Send an email to support@welltrainedmind.com and ask to be added to the mailing list for the sample

I don't think that the general mailing list will necessarily receive it. On FB they said you had to request to be added

Send an email to [email protected]<script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript">/* */</script> and ask to be added to the mailing list for the sample

I don't think that the general mailing list will necessarily receive it. On FB they said you had to request to be added

I saw that and sent a message. I was told to go to the site and enter my email into the pop-up on the WTM site.

eta: I was told that entering your email on the regular site was how you got on the list for the sample and that the email has not been sent out yet. 

Edited by soror

I saw that and sent a message. I was told to go to the site and enter my email into the pop-up on the WTM site.

eta: I was told that entering your email on the regular site was how you got on the list for the sample and that the email has not been sent out yet. 

I think I must have gotten lucky and they sent it to me because I asked all those questions earlier today.  Sorry to get everyone's hopes up! It has to be coming really soon!!  I am so encouraged by what I see. It is going to be so much better for us than AG!!

• Like 1

soror--just emailed them to find out if a mass email has been sent

I wish I was lucky! On the 7th there was a comment that they would be sent out in a few days so it should be any time now. I don't actually need it this second but was considering using it when ds finishes his current program this fall.